Has anyone had any experience with the Viator Paris Pass

lori450

We are trying to figure out how we will be spending our 8 days in Paris. We want to take a trip to Giverny and Monet's Gardens and a day trip to Normandy. The rest of the time will be spent in Paris. I found the Viator Paris Pass. It would be $321 for 2 of us for 4 days. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this option. It boils down to $40 a day per person for a Seine river cruise, bypass lines at the Louvre, muse d'orsay, arc de triomphe and others. Free entry into 60 different sites, free public transportation, and a 2 day hop on hop off as well as other things. It sounds great. Any experiences?? Thanks as always

We are trying to figure out how we will be spending our 8 days in Paris. We want to take a trip to Giverny and Monet's Gardens and a day trip to Normandy...........

. It boils down to $40 a day per person for a Seine river cruise, bypass lines at the Louvre, muse d'orsay, arc de triomphe and others. Free entry into 60 different sites, free public transportation, and a 2 day hop on hop off as well as other things.......Thanks as always

Hi Lori,

We used the pass in Oct 2009 to explore Paris. The wife & I were there a similar amount of time to you. We weren't entirely sure that we got the full value, to be honest. We visited the Louvre on the 1st Sunday of the month which was free entry (at that time). We dined at the restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, so that gave complimentary tower entry via dedicated (instant service) lift. Our pass had run out by the time we got to Mussee D Orsay but that had tremendous line up:(

If you plan your days you will make it work for you - eliminating the queues is a definite bonus.

FIY we did a dedicated minibus tour to Monet's Garden, in the morning, which went on to the Palace of Versailles in the afternoon. We want to revisit these gardens in the spring when they will be at their best. In late October, while good, just whetted our appetite. We want to spend a lot more time the Versailles gardens next times.

We bought ten x 1 euro metro tickets instead of a multi-trip train pass. A young English lady we met at the ticket machine put us onto that, and it saved us a bundle. One trip took one ticket eg. From Montparnasse station to Père Lachaise Cemetery cost 1Eu each way, per person.

HTH's

Kel

• 2 weeks later...

my daughter and i used the paris city pass for 7 days last june, it was great, we used the metro every where, and the hop on off bus took us everywhere, didnt get to everything saving some for next time, the louvre is beautiful go early and make sure u go through the fast line through the tunnel entrance a lot faster to get in.

another thing i may suggest is groupon , they have a lot of great deals, we saved on meals , deserts other activities.

the one thing we really loved was doing a photography course at night took us around paris and got some really great night pictures and saw paris as a parisian.

Archived