Waterpark at Sunset Beach

kijico

We had toured with Trevor, and found out that he's very resourceful in this area. You could e-mail him at trevorhudlin@hotmail.com or cooltrevh@yahoo.com and he will be able to give some answers. Maybe you could also book the tour with him if its available or tell him what you are looking for and he will create something for you. This is what we did when we went. We told him what we were looking for and he gave us some brilliant suggestions because he's so knowlegable in this area and we enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thanks for the suggestions! I called Sunset Beach today, the waterpark isn't open yet, they said late July:( My son is disappointed, but I am sure we will find other fun things for him to do! We are all excited for our first cruise!

On the Trip Advisor message boards for SSB, there have been many postings that the waterpark will not be open for quite some time. They have one speed there and it is S-L-O-W! Of course the resort isn't going to tell you that the opening has been delayed for so long because they don't want to take the chance that the guests will cancel their trips and go somewhere else, so they keep telling people that it is delayed for another month or so. When we were there in November 2004, it was to have been open in October. Then they told us it would be January 2005; then it was February 2005; etc. Get my drift? One poster pointed out that it always seemed to be opening the month AFTER you would be there! We'll be back there this coming November for 10 days and I bet if I called today they would tell me it was scheduled to open December 2005! It really doesn't make any difference to us because we enjoyed SSB so much without the waterpark that we won't miss it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at SSB on 6/22 and took a good look at the water park. It will definately NOT be open in July. In fact, I would be surprised if it were open in August. Even without the water park, it was time and money well spent.

When you take a taxi from the ship to SSB, the driver will try to get you to commit to a time for him to pick you up. There will be plenty of waiting taxis when you want to leave so I don't recommend this. This will allow you leave when you want.

BTW - If you really want a cool water park experience, visit Margaritaville. They have cool slide and some water trampolines. If you look around this site, you will find links to pictures of this area. The slide doesn't look like much but let me tell you it is a blast. Most US based slides end at water level while this slide shoots you into the ocean a few feet above the water.

The water toys are free but I'm sure they expect you to a least buy some food or drinks.

I was in Jamaica (Conquest 6/26) 2 weeks ago...definitely no waterslide yet. But what a beautiful place! My kids (18 & 14) enjoyed volleyball in the pool mostly. They were freaked out by the jellyfish in the lagoon areas, but there were plenty of people swimming out there with no apparent problems. The lagoons are gorgeous and the people there fantastic. It's very secure and they do not let locals on this beach. There are kayaks and pedal boats which you can use and are included in the entry price. My party of 22 very much enjoyed our day there. We had a taxi take us there ($4pp) and then for another $4pp they picked us up at 2:00 and took us shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived