Question about tours on embarkation day

KCSPUD

We will get to Oahu Friday night and would like to do a tour on Saturday. What does everyone suggest that would allow us see a good bit and still make it onboard in enough time on POA? We will not have a rental car so we are looking at doing something with Roberts hawaii or a similar company. I saw a few tours that say pick up at pier at 930 and return at 530. Has anyone done something similar?

We will get to Oahu Friday night and would like to do a tour on Saturday. What does everyone suggest that would allow us see a good bit and still make it onboard in enough time on POA? We will not have a rental car so we are looking at doing something with Roberts hawaii or a similar company. I saw a few tours that say pick up at pier at 930 and return at 530. Has anyone done something similar?

Since sail away is 7PM, all aboard is two hours prior, so you're going to have to be to the pier sooner than that.

Hope you can find something that suits your schedule! :)

i pondered the same question and ended up renting a car to bring us to the hotel on Friday. (we used thrifty, and used the corporate code that is somewhere on cruise critic, it was about $40) We had reservations at the Arizona for 8 am, drove there with our luggage in the trunk. (made sure we had a car that had a trunk)We then went to the Aloha Stadium flee market which is down the road and we were at the boat before noon. We had to wait till they started letting everyone on. We knew we would be jet lagged and up early anyway. Traffic friday from the airport to our hotel was rough, as there was some type of bomb scare and streets were closed. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get to Waikiki beach! good luck with your decision. I highly recommend renting the

auditory headsets. It was $7.50 per person.

Since sail away is 7PM, all aboard is two hours prior, so you're going to have to be to the pier sooner than that.

Hope you can find something that suits your schedule! :)

You don't have to be there two hours in advance unless you have not done the edocs on line. One hour is plenty.

You don't have to be there two hours in advance unless you have not done the edocs on line. One hour is plenty.

Thanks! Good to know! I was just going by this on NCL's website:

Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

:)

That is great news!!! Ive always done online check in and have been ready to just show id and give them my luggage. Its just different this time because its our first time in Hawaii and we want to see Hawaii and aren't in a rush to board early if we don't have to. Any tour ideas? Anybody done polynesian cultural center/north shore tour or Kualoa ranch?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! Good to know! I was just going by this on NCL's website:

Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

:)

I did a little more digging and looking at some dailies from recent cruisers. Seems like there is a mandatory life boat drill at 5pm. They have a make up drill the following day. I will have to do something that will get us back so we will not miss the drill. Thanks for info!

I did a little more digging and looking at some dailies from recent cruisers. Seems like there is a mandatory life boat drill at 5pm. They have a make up drill the following day. I will have to do something that will get us back so we will not miss the drill. Thanks for info!

You're welcome! And thank you for checking back here with the life boat drill info. Who wants to attend a life boat drill when you could be off-ship on Maui!:eek:

Archived