VOS Review 6/3/05 sailing to Carribbean -Embargation

Embarkation

Living only 10 minutes from the former cruise port on the west side of Manhattan, I was somewhat inconvenienced by VOS leaving from Bayonne, especially since I had read negative postings on this board regarding this port. In actuality, I gladly sacrificed the extra time traveling to Bayonne because of the highly organized operation at Bayonne that was unlike the chaos in the New York port. I couldn’t believe that our car service which arrived at the terminal at around 1:30 PM just pulled in to a parking space directly opposite the terminal, we unloaded our luggage and a porter was there to immediately take them away. In NY, cars were backed up in order to reach the terminal, then you had to double park, as near to your ship as possible, quickly unload your luggage, and wait for 10 minutes or more to hail a porter to take your bags and pray they got on the right ship. With only the VOS leaving, we did not have to worry about that mistake being made

Since my DW is in a wheelchair, we were fortunate to have priority boarding, Within 20 minutes we had our boarding cards and where on the bus to take us to the ship. When we arrive at the ship a porter took my DW off the bus and pushed the wheelchair onto the ship and directly to our stateroom. What an efficient embarkation and what consideration for me and my DW

I must admit that the lines for non-priority boarding seemed to be much longer arranged by deck number. I therefore can say how long they had to wait before boarding,

Archived