NEWLY BUILT SHIPS vs. SEASONED ONES

MAGNUM PI

WHAT AGE OF SHIP, ARE YOU LIKELY TO CONSIDER?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT AGE OF SHIP, ARE YOU LIKELY TO CONSIDER?

• Prefer newly built ships, first cruise year
    • 1-5 years old
    • Loyalty to older ships, previously cruised on them
    • Age of ship is not a factor when selecting a cruise

We are relative newcomers to "cruising".

Previously, we have cruised on Celebrity's Constellation, and RCCL'S Serenade Of The Seas. Both of these ships were less than a year old, at the time.

In January 2006, we will be on Carnival's Destiny, which will be about 10 years old?

I think it would be interesting to read, if the age of the ship, is a factor when people are selecting their cruise?

Is there more intrigue, with each new ship that is built, to be one of the first to experience it? Or is it their loyalty to an older ship, that is a factor?

There always is that air of excitement, when a new ship goes into service.

But I have read many postings, where the people maintain their love for one that is a few years old.

We are relative newcomers to "cruising".

Previously, we have cruised on Celebrity's Constellation, and RCCL'S Serenade Of The Seas. Both of these ships were less than a year old, at the time.

In January 2006, we will be on Carnival's Destiny, which will be about 10 years old?

I think it would be interesting to read, if the age of the ship, is a factor when people are selecting their cruise?

Is there more intrigue, with each new ship that is built, to be one of the first to experience it? Or is it their loyalty to an older ship, that is a factor?

There always is that air of excitement, when a new ship goes into service.

But I have read many postings, where the people maintain their love, for a ship that is a few years old.

For me, it's just the itinerary and it has to be new enough to have plenty of balconies.....I like to choose a different itinerary each time I cruise so I can visit many many places... It's easy to then determine where I'd like to try a land based vacation to discover even more about the island or place.

Guest Badgercruiser!

Two of our cruises were the Inaugeral sailing Carnival Conquest and RCCL Mariner of the Seas) and we loved those two the best, but some of the best "deals" are on the ships that are 3-5 years old...To be honest I really enjoyed the older Fantasy class ships. For that matter i thought my first cruise was awesome and that was on the Carnivale and that was really old.

Neither. It's all about price and itinerary. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived