Can I buy drinks packages onboard?

ShipsInBergen

We've booked our first Costa cruise this june. Is it possible to buy the drinks packages onboard? If so, where on the ship do I go to do this?

I asked my UK travel agent but they are not very familiar with Costa at all! I was hoping someone here might be able to help...

You can also book it online yourself - or call Costa

Your travel agent however for sure can call Costa and add your package.

That way you are not queuing at guess services when you board, and as soon as you board - even before your cabin is ready, you can have drinks from your all inclusive package.

I get a discount from my travel agent, and the discount is applied to the total - including my drinks packages.

Your travel agent should be doing this for you.

Thanks a lot for the info! I think we'll look into booking this in advance then to make boarding day easier if there are usually queues to contend with. It's good to know we can just add the package once onboard too.

It seems a shame that our UK travel agent knows so little about Costa. They really don't advertise much in the UK, and the travel agents don't even carry their brochures! They were able to give us a discount and beat the internet price, though, so we went ahead and booked with them.

Yes, you can. Also be beware that you can buy many other (cheaper) packages from the waiter if you are not a big drinker, this is not greatly advertised. Our wine package contained 6 bottles of wine (3 red, 3 white) and 7 bottles of water for € 129. You can also do 2 red, 2 white and 7 water for € 77. You can keep half bottles for other days. If you do not drink much or any alcohol, you can get the non-alcoholic package with 20 drinks for € 42 (also non-alcoholic cocktails, fruit juices, iced tea etc). We had a problem finishing 7 bottles of water in 12 days, since we were given unlimited iced water at meals.

We had the unlimited or AI package. It covers espresso, cappucino, soft drinks, wine (per glass), cocktails, beers, etc.- and club soda - we don't like to drink water without sparkling. So the package was fine for us and we will book it again on our next cruise. I would have prefered a better wine for dinner, but there was only a choice between red, white and rose wine. Surely it wasn't an expensive wine with the AI package :-). We are used to this from our yearly vacation in Egypt.

How much is the AI package?

When I booked online they didnt allow me the chance to book any drinks packages.:mad:

I've added through my travel agent and the cost was £119.79 per person for a week - approx. £17.11 per person per night. What a bargain!

As the previous post says, you can add this yourself on Costa UK's website.

The costa website is not allowing me to purchase this.

I realise it is a great deal to go all inclusive and would like to go for it.

I wonder if it's because it's a Transatlantic cruise?:rolleyes:

Will keep looking - thanks:)

You can also ring them. Just have your booking reference and they will take it over the phone for you.

Costas ALL INCL is a mega bonus. We have an NCL cruise booked for Jan 14 x 15 nights, their AI is not nearly as good as Costa's and cost 49$ per day plus gratuity. 19.5 euro per day (and the list of drinks is endless) is a bargain not to be missed.

Just give them a quick call - it can take a while to get through to them as they have a very small staff in UK office - but worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived