Dream outside cabin on deck 4 or 5 -advice

Hiya

Booked to go on the Dream at the end of the year. Anyone got any advice please on which cabin its worth requesting, if any? Would have to see how much they would charge first mind!! The Thomson website says FROM £42! lol

Thanks!!:D

Hello manxmoggy we are sailing in september and have upgraded to outside plus cabin 6035 full cost £112 looking forward to our first cruise celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary Frank and Susan:):):)

Hiya

Booked to go on the Dream at the end of the year. Anyone got any advice please on which cabin its worth requesting, if any? Would have to see how much they would charge first mind!! The Thomson website says FROM £42! lol

Hi we pre booked cabin 5128 this time round for me & my sister, outside plus port side & we always pre book 5134 for our family cruise, outside plus 4 berth just a few cabins down. Love deck 5 never had a problem. It cost us £42 to pre book on each occasion.

We sail Aug 10th for 2 weeks xx

Hi we pre booked cabin 5128 this time round for me & my sister, outside plus port side & we always pre book 5134 for our family cruise, outside plus 4 berth just a few cabins down. Love deck 5 never had a problem. It cost us £42 to pre book on each occasion.

We sail Aug 10th for 2 weeks xx

We have pre-booked 5134 Doc2410 for our family four; is it the dark wood or the light wood? I have seen pictures of both. Also, is it a fairly quiet location? Thanks :)

We have pre-booked 5134 Doc2410 for our family four; is it the dark wood or the light wood? I have seen pictures of both. Also, is it a fairly quiet location? Thanks :)

Ooh you'll love it, it's really spacious & immaculately clean. When do you go? Top of my head can't remember dark or light but when I get home I'll look on our pics & let you know. It is quiet yes even though it's near the lifts x

Ooh you'll love it, it's really spacious & immaculately clean. When do you go? Top of my head can't remember dark or light but when I get home I'll look on our pics & let you know. It is quiet yes even though it's near the lifts x

Thanks - the lighter ones look nicer that was why I am asking; the dark wood seems to close it in?!! We're not going until next year - got this year on Celebration to look forward to first lol! It will be our first time on the Dream - we have been on Celebration & Spirit so far.

Are you on the FB group? I am a friend of Topsey / Toni - if you are able to get a photo to me via Toni or on FB group , I would be grateful please?!!!

Thank you x

Thanks - the lighter ones look nicer that was why I am asking; the dark wood seems to close it in?!! We're not going until next year - got this year on Celebration to look forward to first lol! It will be our first time on the Dream - we have been on Celebration & Spirit so far.

Are you on the FB group? I am a friend of Topsey / Toni - if you are able to get a photo to me via Toni or on FB group , I would be grateful please?!!!

Thank you x

Yes I'm a good friend of Toni, our cruise together last year was fabulous :D

I think I'm on the group but not sure lol. If you find me on Toni's fb friends & add me you can msg me your email address. I have a feeling it was dark wood but it didn't make it feel closed in or anything. The window is pretty big too so lots of natural light. If you get Ady as your steward it'll be even more special, he's so so lovely & does a brilliant job. I'll be seeing him next Saturday :D

Hiya

outsides on deck 4 are located at the front of the ship....near the bow thrusters, other than that its a quiet part of the ship....not much/any thru traffic and v convenient for the gangway & dining room

deck 5 standard outsides are also mostly located at the front where there can be more movement when ship is sailing, there are a few at the very stern too....near the propellers, people have reported heavy vibrations while ship is sailing near this location

if it were me I would stump up the £42 cabin reservation fee to make sure I was away from the stern

hope this helps

Yes I'm a good friend of Toni, our cruise together last year was fabulous :D

I think I'm on the group but not sure lol. If you find me on Toni's fb friends & add me you can msg me your email address. I have a feeling it was dark wood but it didn't make it feel closed in or anything. The window is pretty big too so lots of natural light. If you get Ady as your steward it'll be even more special, he's so so lovely & does a brilliant job. I'll be seeing him next Saturday :D

Thank you - will do; lucky you going next week; I've just read comments from someone who went 2 years ago on the Dream & she's just returned & she said that standards have slipped so I hope we've done the right thing by booking the Dream - will look forward to hear what you think after your cruise this time; we have always been very very pleased with the Spirit & Celebration & never seem to hear bad reports about either of those ships :confused:

outsides on deck 4 are located at the front of the ship....near the bow thrusters, other than that its a quiet part of the ship....not much/any thru traffic and v convenient for the gangway & dining room

deck 5 standard outsides are also mostly located at the front where there can be more movement when ship is sailing, there are a few at the very stern too....near the propellers, people have reported heavy vibrations while ship is sailing near this location

if it were me I would stump up the £42 cabin reservation fee to make sure I was away from the stern

hope this helps

Hi Geomot

Further up the messages it says they have pre booked 5134 (same as me eeek excited haha) was no noise or vibration & it's a plus cabin. I'd avoid front & rear to tbh can't cope with vibration :eek:

Archived