How do I get "proof" my ship did not stop in GC?

Leadft

Hi -

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam the week of 3/25. The ship could not port in Grand Cayman due to weather conditions (the entire port was closed).

I had pre-purchased tickets to the turtle farm in Grand Cayman, for $92. I was assured that the cost would be refunded if the ship did not stop there.

The turtle farm did not refund the money and has not been responsive to my emails. So I decided to just dispute the charge with my credit card. The credit card is asking for "proof" the ship didn't stop there that day. Any ideas?

Thanks!

The website of the Port Authority of the Cayman Islands shows your ship missed its scheduled arrival the week of March 25, 2013.

At that link you can search for your vessel's name and the date range in question. Unfortunately the results are not as clear as you might like for your purpose. If the ship did make its scheduled arrival it will list the date and times of its visit. But if the port was missed it does not show the date and time, it simply says 'Missed'. Even worse, if you click the print button on that search results page it shows the date and time as if the ship made its scheduled stop.

Perhaps your credit card company would accept a copy of a confirmation email from one of the Port Staff.

I'd just do a screen print of the page Leadft provided - not using the print icon, but rather straight from your browser. Provide that along with a copy of your reservation to the Turtle Farm, showing that the dates match, to your credit card company ... shouldn't be an issue.

Archived