Ferry to Culebra

Tedimed

Has anyone recently used ferry to Culebra? I read a lot about the problems with buying tickets.

When you have to come in the morning to be able to buy a ticket? I plan to visit Culebra on Monday or Tuesday in June, so I'm interested if I have any chance to get tickets for the 9 AM ferry?

My boyfriend and I visited PR for a week in May and on our last day we were able to drive to Farjardo to take the Culebra ferry (it was a Tuesday). We were also concerned because I had done a lot of research and heard many negative things about it. We even had booked a private snorkeling trip on Culebra and the captain seemed worried we might not make it over (he wanted us to fly over there but it was pretty expensive and I am not into small planes). We ended up getting to the ferry by 8 and purchased tickets with no problem. The terminal was crowded but not so crowded that it seemed like people didn't get on (although they started boarding around 8:30 so I guess I wouldn't know if there was craziness after that at the ticket window since we were already on board). We left right at 9 and got to Culebra just before 10, right on time.

Now with all that being said, the captain of our boat tour in Culebra said the following week the ferry owners contract ran out and no one knew what was going to happen with it. So I guess its fair to predict some things could have changed. Maybe try to call some places on Culebra and ask their opinion or see if the ferry has new owners? Haha I am always bothering people doing things like that when I plan.

Hope you make it there! We loved it, it was so beautiful.

Archived