Radiance, Deck 9

We have booked 2 cabins on the Radiance sailing on December 10. One for my husband and I and one for my mum as a birthday surprise!

We have booked balconies 9614 and 9552 - I was wondering if anybody knew if they are good or not or if anybody could tell me if they were aware of any obstructed views?

Would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance.

We have booked 2 cabins on the Radiance sailing on December 10. One for my husband and I and one for my mum as a birthday surprise!

We have booked balconies 9614 and 9552 - I was wondering if anybody knew if they are good or not or if anybody could tell me if they were aware of any obstructed views?

Would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Both cabins are fine, no issues or obscured view! Have Fun:)

Thank you so much for your reply. We are really looking forward to it :)

No worries, I just saw from your other post that this will be your first cruise! You will love the Radiance, it's a beautiful ship. The ship document you need to board is the one called the 'setsail pass', the other ticket booklet is something you should have on you and will provide you with info etc, but you won't need to produce that to board, so you can tuck it away.

When you arrive at the port the first thing you do is check your bags in, but it's a good idea to take some things with you in your carry on as your bags may not arrive for a few hours (swimwear if you want to swim etc)

I am not sure if you've already had a look at the deck plans of the ship, if you haven't you can go to the Royal Caribbean website and look at all the plans, it's a good idea to get a sense of the ship before you go. The cabins are quite small, but they are well designed. Unpack your suitcase/s and they will fit easily under your bed, they are then out of the way and ready to go.

The first balcony cabin I ever had was on the Radiance, and I managed to lock myself out on the balcony with no one around!! It is very very very hard to do this (almost impossible), but thought I'd mention it especially with your mum in the cabin on her own. Just check when you open the door to the balcony you rotate the handle mechanism all the way around so it clicks and is completely unlocked.

That's the tips for now!

Cat

Thanks so much for the tips Cat! We have heard and read so many wonderful reviews about the Radiance which makes it even more exciting!

Just a question about the set sail pass and the ticket booklet, does that get sent to us closer to the date we cruise or do we have too request it?

Thanks for the tip about the balcony. Will make sure mum knows about that for sure! How'd you manage to get back into your stateroom?

Thanks again :)

You can log in to the Royal Caribbean site online and complete details and print these out yourself, or if you went through a T/A they may do this for you and send them to you, depending on the T/A. Just ask them about it. If you did book through a T/A they should give you your booking number anyway and you can login and look up/book shore excursions, speciality dining etc.

I got in from my balcony when my husband returned about 40 minutes later!! I was a little distressed but tried to remain calm knowing someone would find me at some point.:o

Archived