baby listening on board

connor

I read the original post, and I also thought you were asking about leaving the child unattended in your cabin. I'm sure some people do that without any problems -- they're lucky. I don't want to count on luck for my child's safety, and it sounds like you don't either.

I would have no problem putting the child down to sleep alone in the cabin, then going out on the balcony. If I had a friend in the connecting cabin next door, I'd have no problem going there while the baby slept. Farther than that -- no way.

In answer to your original question, no. You don't need walkie-talkies. The ship's nursery crew will issue you a beeper.

I have read and re-read the original post 5 times. The wording of the post was very clear and led everyone reading it to believe you desired to go party while baby was in the cabin sleeping.

I tend to take what I read at face value - it says what it says. There was absolutely no hint of a sitter or nursery in the post. Certainly you cannot be angry at the posters here for showing genuine concern for the welfare of your child. Countless examples were mentioned of parents exercising extremely poor judgement that did result in the death of a child.

I would be relieved to know that THOSE are the kinds of people you will be cruising with - not backstabbers.

We should all choose our words carefully so that what we mean is what we actually say.

I am terribly sorry for the losses you have gone through.

Archived