Bare Minerals question

Cheryl,I had the same reaction with slight stinging sensation and I was determined to use BM, as I wear white shirts for work and love the fact that this makeup does not rub off on my shirt collars (well, okay just a little if I've had a really longgggggggg day). However, I fooled around with it some and found if I put on a really good moisturizer (Prescriptives is my favorite), and then wait a few mins before doing the BM, that I don't get that drying feeling and the makeup looks soooooo much better. Now I'm hooked and I love their bronzer in the True shade - just a little bit of glimmer for the summer.

I have fair skin and use foundation Fair 1.2 (not the lightest). The foundations are supposed to be formulated based on whether your skin has pink or golden undertones, but I have pink undertones and believe the one I'm using is formulated for golden undertones.

I was hesitant to try something new without seeing it in person, so before I bought anything, I went to Sephora (Ulta locations also carry this brand) and looked at all the colors in person before picking up a starter kit. If you have one of these stores in your area, I recommend checking it out in person first.

I order BE from Medi-spa online....They offer no shipping on orders over $25 and I didnt have to pay tax since I ordered on line and they dont have stores in my state. It usually takes 2 days for my order to arrive. Medispa is having a 20% off summer special on BE products....I ordered a kit with three brushes, two small foundations, mineral veil, and a bronzer, reg. price $60, 48.00 with the discount....

Thanks to another thread in this forum, I found a website with lots of info re: Bare Minerals. Go to www.beaddicts.com for answers to lots of your questions. Nordstrom in the Alderwood Mall in Seattle carries Bare Minerals (Escentuals), so I would guess that some other Nordstroms around the country also carry this line. I have used it for over 4 years, got rebellious, and tried several liquid foundations before going back to BE. It is really great, and I agree with another poster that the moisturizer you use makes a difference in how your skin reacts to it.

You can get individual foundations for as low as $18.00 at DermStore.com

I just pick what I want. I've used the foundation, blushes, bronzer and shadow for a few years. The shadows and blushes last forever.

I received my bare minerals order from Sephora last week. I have used it for four-five days and really like it. The first day my skin kinda tingled but I made sure and applied moisturizer (I have used Oil of Olay for years). My skin feels great now - such a light feel and my forehead doesn't get as oily as it used to by the end of the day.

Vickie

Archived