Stingray Cruiseline Excursion?

cruiseturbo

I am definitely booking one of the stingray excursions thru the cruiseline so I am not asking about private tours. However there are 3 excursions to Stingray city and I am wondering what the difference is. One of them is on a Catamaran so it is obviously a little more expensive. The other two are the same price at $49 per person but they sound the same? Not sure what type of boat you are on? Can anyone help with this?

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas on 9/1/13. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was on FOS about a month ago and we did the Turtle, Stingray Land & Sea Adventure. It was a lot of fun. It includes stops at the turtle farm, Hell & Stingray City. On this excursion we were in shallow enough water to where we could stand while interacting with the rays.

On another cruise we snorkeled near the reef & then went over to Stingray City. For this excursion we left all our snorkel gear on and swam around with the rays.

Although both excursions were really cool I preferred this excursion (shallow water). Both trips out to Stingray City were on double-decker boats and had plenty of rum punch.

I accidentally double clicked "Submit Reply" the first time and although I can see the response from my screen it's still showing up as 0 replies :confused:

I was on FOS about a month ago and we did the Turtle, Stingray Land & Sea Adventure. It was a lot of fun. It includes stops at the turtle farm, Hell & Stingray City. On this excursion we were in shallow enough water to where we could stand while interacting with the rays.

On another cruise we snorkeled near the reef & then went over to Stingray City. For this excursion we left all our snorkel gear on and swam around with the rays.

Although both excursions were really cool I preferred this excursion (shallow water). Both trips out to Stingray City were on double-decker boats so you could either stay in the shade or get lots of sun. As usual, rum punch showed up for the ride back to shore.

• 3 months later...

Can someone who has been on the Reef and Rays Snorkeling tour booking thru HAL please tell me where they take you to snorkel? They don't specify. Other company's go to Barrier Reef & Coral Reef, so I was just wondering if Reef and Rays Snorkeling tour takes you to a good spot or not. Also, did you enjoy this tour?

Archived