Small children wandering out of cabin?

Bobbyjean

I wouldn't consider the coffee table in front of the cabin door to be a fire hazard. An adult could easily move it in a nano second. It would just be used to create an obstacle from a wanderer. We've cruised for many years with toddlers, some quite clever escape artists, who weren't able to manage the balcony doors and were hindered by objects in front of the door leading to the hall.

I meant that blocking the actual door would be a fire hazard. Meaning that it would impede someone on the outside getting in. That's why I said to block the path to the door. Say a fire starts in your cabin and you are unconscious. Emergency personnel try to get in but the door is blocked. I know this isn't likely, but still a hazard. Believe me...when my kids were toddlers, I was the queen of rearranging furniture in hotel rooms to make them more toddler proof! Just make sure you aren't making them more dangerous for yourself in the process:)

Thanks for this thread, I hadn't really thought of this. :eek:

The last time we stayed in a hotel my son opened the door, and was halfway down the hall before I realized what was happening!

We used that big bolt lock they have that's up high from that second on.

Guess this will be something to consider as soon as we are in the cabin, probably will have to slide the coffee table and/or suitcases over.

Archived