Xcaret info

amlindmark

We will be sailing on Victory Oct 23. We are trying to decide on an excursion in Cozumel. Has anyone done Xcaret on your own and not threw Carnival. We will be in port from 7am to 12am. Thank you for any information.

We did XCaret thorough RCL - wish we could have done it on our own - but we weren't it port for that long and I didn't want to risk missing the ship. It would be easy to do on your own. Just booking the tickets online before you go - it is cheaper. And the dolphins are also. You just need to get a ferry to Playa Del Carmen and then grab the bus (or taxi) to XCaret. Here is the link - http://www.xcaret.com/indexxc.php. Friends went there recently - they were staying in Playa at a resort and they said it was very easy.

I'm just curious. I know this sounds odd, but I have a mother who doesn't like to get her feet wet. Do you have to get into the water at Xcaret?

Thanks for the info.

Sunnye

Xcaret has something for everyone. (No, you don't have to get your feet wet.)

They have a butterfly pavillion and several other buildings. While my FIL, daughter and I snorkeled the partially underground river, my MIL and MIL's mother toured the buildings. They have several restaurants - some are a bit pricey.

There is a beach for those who want to swim.

If you can, stay for at least part of the evening show. They have a show about the Mayan history. It gives an interesting perspective on the Mayan's views of the Spanish exploration.

This excursion is definitely worth every penny.

Archived