Legend of the Seas Western Med TR

Thanks for posting the Compass for Civi -- I see that there is an opportunity for my DW to lose money on the first night of the cruise - she like to play Bingo.

I enjoyed reading your post about the Chef's table -- a very different experience than the one from iluvcruising2's review (only a few weeks earlier).

Yes, his review was so awesome, and it sounded like SO MUCH fun. It was nice; I do not regret doing it just the once, but not really incredible, and really not being able to hear and having a chef who said very little I think impacted it a lot.

I'm glad you found the Civi Compass--sorry it went up late.

Also, today's post (sea day) has photos of Optix and the arcade, which your teens might enjoy.

This is true (we ended up in a JR Suite for much of our second week onboard). That Jr suite was about the same size as a normal balcony room on the other RCI ships we have been on (with a slightly bigger bathroom--beware though, the tub has a thick base which meant that my 6'5" tall husband was about 4 inches too tall to stand fully upright in the shower).

OK for 5' me!!:D Just sorry it hasn't got the walk in closet.

Hadley: No reason to be sorry about anything. Your review and the information provided here (and on other threads) has been awesome and very usefull. I thank you again for all your help!

As a foodie myself, I also would have liked to have heard about the food and its preparation as well. It was very nice of them to have accomidated you.

Thanks for posting the pictures of Optix - I will be showing it to my daughter, which I am sure she will enjoy.

Hi Hadley

Thanks for the great information and for your blog which I have really enjoyed reading.

'Snap' on loving Disney - first ever cruise Disney Dream (2012)!!!!!

Hope you can help me - does LOS have vibration issues? Especially in cabins at night. This is the only issue that makes the difference for me.

We are planning B2B cruises May 2014- LOS Fjords of Norway then Royal Princess to Russia/Scandinavia. Coming a long way from Australia so I don't want to be miserable. Everything else looks really good on all the forums with LOS but I am hopeful that there is no constant vibration as no-one has mentioned it.

'Have a magical day'

Hadley: No reason to be sorry about anything. Your review and the information provided here (and on other threads) has been awesome and very usefull. I thank you again for all your help!

As a foodie myself, I also would have liked to have heard about the food and its preparation as well. It was very nice of them to have accomidated you.

Thanks for posting the pictures of Optix - I will be showing it to my daughter, which I am sure she will enjoy.

It WAS really nice of them to accomidate me, and totally unnecessary. That was an "aboive and beyond" thing for sure :)

Hi Hadley

Thanks for the great information and for your blog which I have really enjoyed reading.

'Snap' on loving Disney - first ever cruise Disney Dream (2012)!!!!!

Hope you can help me - does LOS have vibration issues? Especially in cabins at night. This is the only issue that makes the difference for me.

We are planning B2B cruises May 2014- LOS Fjords of Norway then Royal Princess to Russia/Scandinavia. Coming a long way from Australia so I don't want to be miserable. Everything else looks really good on all the forums with LOS but I am hopeful that there is no constant vibration as no-one has mentioned it.

'Have a magical day'

Funny, the Dream is the only Disney ship I've never sailed (she is mostly short cruises, not worth it :D ). How did you like her?

Anyway, as to your question, I didn't notice any vibration issues. At least not up on deck 6 in cabins and nowhere else lower in public areas. Hopefully you are good there :)

Hadley - Do you remember the name of the cafe in Genoa? We are getting back fairly early from a tour that day and maybe it will be a nice alternative than heading back to the ship and eat at the WJ.

Once again, love your review. I hope you finish up the second week before I leave (and none of us are taking any type of Internet-accessing device).

Oh gosh--I recall thinking that I needed to remember that name (I had gone to take a photo of the name when the battery died!) but I cannot place it right now. I'll check with my daughter and husband tonight and hopefully one of them will recall.

I got one more post up this morning, and will try for at least one tonight. Sorry I am not going faster. When do you leave?

No sweat if you do not remember the name of the cafe.

Sorry to hear about Rio's braces. I am have the "brace emergency kit" down on my packing list for my daughter -- the orthodontist gave it to us "for free" (when we signed the contract to spend thousands of dollars) - but she also got a t-shirt.

No rush in getting up the last pages of your review, we are not leaving until the middle of next week and will enjoy a little time in Roma before we sail (the long-range weather forecast shows highs of around 78-80 during the days we will be there - and mostly sunny - a little warm, but still doable, especially if there are a few clouds to hide the direct sunlight). We will be on the ship one week from tomorrow (but who's counting?).

I think I am going to write a review when I return, but since there are so many good reviews on this revitalized ship & this itinerary, I am going to put a spin on my review and focus on the "kids" aspect of planning and cruising for a European Cruise from not only a parents perspective, but from the perspective of my DDs. Although I am not sure if it will be of interest to the CC community.

I think a review focusing on kids in Europe is a GREAT idea! :)

Have fun in Rome--you will be there at the same time my son and his class are. I put him on a bus this afternoon, along with 35 classmates, 2 teachers and 2 drivers. I won't see him again until next Sunday :o

We never could recall the name of the cafe. If you are standing in Piaza Banchi and you walk towards the water, it is the first cafe on your left as you go down the street (not actually IN the piaza). You can look for the chairs that look a little "nicer" and not like out door chairs :p That's why my husband, with the bad back, picked it ;)

NHDisneylover, I love your review. :) It's interesting that some discomfort we had both, e.g. the parking situation in Genoa, problems with A/C. But we both mad it with a smile and not worrying.

I'm looking forward to read your next reports. :)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of Valencia :)

I don't know WHAT made it work out that we got that junior suite--it could be that we were not yelling or demanding that they do more than they actually can do :rolleyes: I've never really understood why anyone gets angry with employees for things that are beyond their control :confused:

Thanks for the great review!

There has been some discussion on this thread about deck 6 vs deck 7 balcony cabins. Just wanted to mention that I had originally booked one of the "Deluxe" Balcony cabins on deck 6 for our upcoming cruise. I could find no info about the cabin and eventually pieced together that balconies were being added to outside deck 6 cabins during drydock. I did not believe that these smallish cabins could be enlarged. Also, there were other errors on RCL's site concerning sqaure footage of other cabin categories (I compared RCL's site to info on Expedia, Orbitz, and several other on-line vendors) and this made me a bit nervous. RCL promised to investigate and after several months of back and forth, they assured me that during drydock the deck 6 deluxe balcony cabins would be equal in size to the superior balcoy cabins. I felt that there had to be a reason why deck 6 balcony cabins had a different classification than all other balcony cabins and I did not want to encounter any disappointment so I decided to switch my cabin to deck 7.

Thanks for the great review!

There has been some discussion on this thread about deck 6 vs deck 7 balcony cabins. Just wanted to mention that I had originally booked one of the "Deluxe" Balcony cabins on deck 6 for our upcoming cruise. I could find no info about the cabin and eventually pieced together that balconies were being added to outside deck 6 cabins during drydock. I did not believe that these smallish cabins could be enlarged. Also, there were other errors on RCL's site concerning sqaure footage of other cabin categories (I compared RCL's site to info on Expedia, Orbitz, and several other on-line vendors) and this made me a bit nervous. RCL promised to investigate and after several months of back and forth, they assured me that during drydock the deck 6 deluxe balcony cabins would be equal in size to the superior balcoy cabins. I felt that there had to be a reason why deck 6 balcony cabins had a different classification than all other balcony cabins and I did not want to encounter any disappointment so I decided to switch my cabin to deck 7.

You made a good call! You know, I really like RCI as a whole and they offer a great product for the money--but I feel this issue is really poorly handled.

Sounds like you had a nice day at sea compared to the first week.

Question: How far in advance of the show did you have to get to the centrum before the Seasons show started in order to get the front row seats?

[FYI - I like your comments on the formal attire thread.]

Archived