Do MSC provide a baggage service from port to airport in Barcelona

Lynnog81

Disembarking Preziosa in Barcelona on 14th June. Flights back to Dublin not until late that night. I was told that MSC do provide a service of transporting your baggage from Port to Airport for a later collection at a cost of approx €15 per bag. Can somebody please confirm this service is available. Thank you

Disembarking Preziosa in Barcelona on 14th June. Flights back to Dublin not until late that night. I was told that MSC do provide a service of transporting your baggage from Port to Airport for a later collection at a cost of approx €15 per bag. Can somebody please confirm this service is available. Thank you

We disembarked in Barcelona in March, and in the baggage reclaim hall there was a service where you could leave your bags and the man running the service met you again for your flight. It cost €10 a bag and we thought it was good value. Can't remember the name but he was the only one in the hall doing it. If I come across the name I'll let you know. We didn't know about this in advance and we had intended going to one of the left luggage services in the train stations but this was a better option. Didn't hear about any service provided by MSC.

• 4 weeks later...
Disembarking the Preziosa Sept. 6 and we are booked on 11:40 AM Delta flight to JFK. Preziosa cruisers, is this okay?

It should be doable as long as the ship docks on time and local immigration. Lear the ship to allow disembarkation within a reasonable time. The bulk of passengers will disembark at Genoa. You'll probably need to grab a taxi as you won't have a lot of wiggle room to try to get to airport buses. The airport and port are not that far apart, probably half an hour at worse.

I personally never book a flight before 13.00 as I just like to have extra time for unexpected delays. You may not get there the full 2 hours before the flight, but should make it in time.

• 2 months later...

We debarked the MSC Preziosa September 6 in Barcelona with 11:40 AM Delta flight to JFK. Everything went perfect, here are the approximate times (we were in departure group 3 with PINK luggage tags)

0830 Met in ship lounge

0900 Debarking Ship

0910 Completed Luggage carosel pickup

0930 Boarded Taxi after 20min line

0955 Arrived at BCN airport

1010 Checked in at Delta desk

1020 At departure gate

MSC recommends departures after noon, we had a little cushion for small delays, but major ones like ship docking late would be catastrophic. However we had a sea day prior to debarkation day, and the ship seemed to be moving quite slowly, so I think that late arrival is infrequent, FYI

Archived