What are your "travel lessons learned the hard way?"

rkmom

I saw this thread on another site and thought it would be good to bring to CC people who always have such good advice.

My worst travel experience was making the mistake of taking an 11 hour car trip when I was about 8 months pregnant, then doing the return trip about 36 hours later. Not fun!

Also--more than 4 people in a room for a week is too much, especially when some of them are your in-laws!

I know those aren't necessarily cruise related, but . . .

How about you all?

I'm sure there is always something new to learn from someone!

Kim

On our first cruise, we flew into Miami the day of the cruise. There were engine problems on our connecting flight and our plane was delayed. We made the Ship in plenty of time but learned our lesson. Now we always fly in at least a day early.

Diane

Never, ever fly into Puerto Vallarta in the middle of December without packing plenty of warm weather clothes in your carry-on.

We were on a reward trip through DW's company and the airline lost, well actually forgot, our luggage. Leaving OH in the middle of December had us dressed in jeans, sweaters, leather coats and boots. We had our swimsuits and got t-shirts that related to the reward trip at check-in, but our first purchase our first time in Puerto Vallarta was a pair of flip-flops from the resort gift shop for both DW and me.

Archived