Just Back from NOS, Room 1692

KMBB

Our room(1692) deck 10, back of the ship. Here's a quick review of this room. We had a familly of 4, two 17 years old boys and two adults. The boys slept on the sofa couch(they make it up at night) it worked out OK. We had the two twin beds together and slept fine.

The balcony was large enough for all of us out there. It had a lounge chair and two regular chairs and a small table. It was in the sun part of the day and very nice. You do over-look the balconies below you and you can see into the other balcony next door. It was quite, no noise from the windjammer cafe up above us, and no noise outside the room. There was also no soot that some people talk about. The motion could be felt at times, but in never bother us.

It is a long walk to the stairs and elevator, but I like the exercise and found it not to be a problem. One floor above you and you are at the windjammer cafe, and pool area.

We were glad that we tried this cabin, but not sure we would book it again. The wake was beatuful and the sunsets great!!! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I wanted to know everything about this cabin before I went, so that's why I posted this review. KMBB:)

• 1 month later...

KMBB, I was just curious what is was about cabin 1692 that makes you not sure you would book it again? I always book cabin 1688 (aft/corner on deck 10) on Voyager-class ships and absolutely LOVE IT! I wouldn't dream of booking any other cabin unless I HAD to. Our friends are usually in 1690 so I've seen that cabin/balcony too and know it is terrific. I am looking into an "impromptu" cruise on Mariner and due to booking late, can't get my beloved 1688 or it's counterpart 1388 or 1690/1390, but I am able to hold 1692 and/or 1392. I wouldn't imagine that they would be that much different than 1690 other than the size of the balcony being a "smidge" narrower. How was the view from 1692? It is awesome from 1688 and 1690. do you have any photos? I'd love to see them! Well, thanks for any input you may have.

KMBB, I was just curious what is was about cabin 1692 that makes you not sure you would book it again?

Me too:) We have booked 1392 & 1394 on our next sailing and looking forward to those big balconies (we had most forward D1 on deck 8 last sailing and also thought the walk was great for burning the calories consumed at dinner!).

Hey Bonnie---just to let you know i've been on your site many times to view your great pictures of the aft rooms and enjoyed seeing what I had to pick from. Thanks for taking the time to post them. Room 1692 go ahead and book it, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have never stayed in aft cabin before this one, so I can't compare to your other rooms. The room is just fine, a large bed and sofa bed that sleeps two. The balcony is large and the view great. Enjoyed the sunsets from there, never was up early enough for the sunrise. The reason I might not book this room again would be for privacy. I would be looking over all the below decks and could see the people below all the time, also you get to know your next door neighbors very easily. Every time I went out to look at the view they were out also and you can't help to look right at them(only the right side of your cabin) So I thought it was alittle ackward to be looking at my next door neighbors every time I wanted to go out and look at the view. So that is the only reason I might not book a aft cabin again. We had mid ship before on the Explorer and enjoyed the view, you could look directly down at the water and no problem with looking at your neighbors.

crb04--you will like the room, the balcony is really large compared to the side balconies. It is very quiet back there, you do have a long walk to the stairs, but it didn't bother us at all.(good exercise!!!)

Let me know if I can help in any other way, have a few pictures but they are not very good and I don't know how to posted them. Bonnie pictures are really good and I would be embarrass to post mine even if I knew now. Enjoy your cruise, wish I was going again. KMBB

KMBB, thanks for the info! Your perspective makes good sense. When I have been in the aft/corner balconies I didn't have any of those situations that you referred to. There is pretty much total privacy on the corner balcony. You have to be trying to see other people in order to actually see other people and you do look down to the water. I will probably be fine with 1692 or 1392 if I can't get my corner cabin. The main thing I like to do is to sit and watch the wake and I can do that from any aft cabin! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Every time I went out to look at the view they were out also and you can't help to look right at them(only the right side of your cabin) So I thought it was alittle ackward to be looking at my next door neighbors every time I wanted to go out and look at the view.

I don't ever remember seeing our next door neighbors when we were in that cabin -- I hope they didn't see me the day I decided to lay out in my less than modest bikini on my own balcony! :eek: Thankfully, with that cabin, the people below couldn't see us unless they were obviously looking from the very edge of their deck!

Archived