Best time to embark with kids

Hi everybody. I've already asked this question on the Family Cruise board, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask fellow Carnival cruisers. We're going on a 6 night cruise on the Breeze in July and taking our 2 yo twins with us. Unfortunately FTTF passes are sold out for our sailing, so we need to figure out when is the best time to embark the ship. At first I thought that maybe we should get to the port around 11 to avoid the crowd, but then I realized that our cabins won't be ready until about 1.30 or 2pm, which means that we'll have to schlep all our carry-ons with us, not including the kids. So what is your suggestion? Also, we're going to be bringing a full size side-by-side stroller, as our kids usually take a nap in it. Would you suggest checking it in with a porter, or do we have to take it as our carry-on?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Hi everybody. I've already asked this question on the Family Cruise board, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask fellow Carnival cruisers. We're going on a 6 night cruise on the Breeze in July and taking our 2 yo twins with us. Unfortunately FTTF passes are sold out for our sailing, so we need to figure out when is the best time to embark the ship. At first I thought that maybe we should get to the port around 11 to avoid the crowd, but then I realized that our cabins won't be ready until about 1.30 or 2pm, which means that we'll have to schlep all our carry-ons with us, not including the kids. So what is your suggestion? Also, we're going to be bringing a full size side-by-side stroller, as our kids usually take a nap in it. Would you suggest checking it in with a porter, or do we have to take it as our carry-on?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

If you get to the pier at 11 you will be right in the middle of the crowds. I would suggest that you use the opposite strategy and not get to the pier until around 1:30 to 2. There should be almost no line at checkin and you'll be able to get directly on the ship and go straight to you cabin.

The kids nap schedule might be something for you to consider also.

I agree with okgirl. Arrive later so you will pretty much walk right through and your cabin will be ready.

I don't know anything about strollers nowadays...it's been many years since I've needed one.

I don't know if they have to go through a scanner. If so, will it fit through the scanner or through the walk through scanner? Maybe they'll have a wand?

Also, where will you store the stroller? Does it fold up? You won't be able to leave it in the hallway.

Have a great cruise!

Ill be traveling with my 14 mo old and decided to follow previous posters strategy and arrive later. Check out time in the hotel is at noon so I figure we can take our time and our daughter can get a morning nap, then get to the port around 12:30.

I would rethink about the side by side double stroller. THe stewards will have their carts in the halls during the day -- until midnight and a regular stroller just makes it..

and the last night when the luggage are all out in the halls--- good luck with that

check in as much as possible. put luggage tags on all carry on in case you place it down and walk away from it.

Arriving at the pier about 1pm== will take about an hour from arrival to check in to on the ship and to your cabin.

Experienced cruiser with twins here....DITCH the stroller! Get two cheap umbrella strollers and you each push one. The double tandem takes up an unbelievable amount of room as it is. The side by side would be a disaster. I know you want your kids to take a nap...But they are kids and you know that when they are tired they can sleep upright, upside down and every position in between. Everyone is right about getting to the port around 1-2, best time to do it with the little ones in tow. Have fun!!!! My twin boys still remember bits and pieces from their cruise at that age! :)

Archived