RCCL site, "The requested reservation is currently being modified. What?

Try to pull up my reservation (which I have done before), but get the message, "the requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time." What does this mean. Is it bad news, or could they be getting ready to make excursions available. I shouldn't have looked, because now I won't be able to sleep until I can access my reservation. When I cruised RCCL 2 years ago, their website was so much more cooperative. Now it is so slow, if it ever comes up. Has anyone else gotten this message?

Did you book through a TA or directly? I know that if anyone is accessing your reservation...TA or RCCL...it automatically "locks" you out for about 15-20 minutes after that. You can get back in after that time. Sometimes the system IS down, but I would think you would get a different message if that were the case.

Try to pull up my reservation (which I have done before), but get the message, "the requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time." What does this mean. Is it bad news, or could they be getting ready to make excursions available. I shouldn't have looked, because now I won't be able to sleep until I can access my reservation. When I cruised RCCL 2 years ago, their website was so much more cooperative. Now it is so slow, if it ever comes up. Has anyone else gotten this message?

Yes I got this message and in my case it was just when my edocs got ready. I was able to get on an hour or so later and my edocs were ready then too.

I got this message once but was clueless as to what it meant. I wasn't trying to do anything or make any changes. A couple hours later I was able to get into my reservation. I still don't know what it was all about.

I always book through the cruiseline myself and do not receive e-docs or hard-copy confirmation unless I call them and request a hard-copy of my reservation (which I always do) --- then the documents arrive in the mail closer to the time of sailing.

By the way, I am glad that I did have the paper confirmation, because once when I was looking at my reservation online the whole site went crazy on me and within a blink of an eye, a $3000 cruise turned into a $6000 cruise on the website. Needless-to-say I was on the phone immediately and got it fixed.

I run into that message on a regular basis and not just from RCCL. Usually it means they are updating their files or their programs, maybe even their web pages. and the area that you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable. Don't worry just check back in an hour and everything will be OK

This happened to me also and I got worried too. But, I found a way to fix it immediately (instead of waiting till later). I use internet explorer and I went into "Tools", then "Internet Options" and hit the buttons to delete cookies, delete files, and clear history. And then I logged in, and it worked!

Hope this helps in the future.

Archived