Bob Dickinson's back?

[quote name='kybluecruiser']Well if you all are going that far back then you should look in the Royal Caribbean history book.[/QUOTE]

Not once did a RCI ship have to be towed back to port because of lost of power.

[quote name='kybluecruiser']Well if you all are going that far back then you should look in the Royal Caribbean history book.[/QUOTE]

It all started with the Mardi Gras running aground in Miami on it's first Carnival voyage. :p

[quote name='cjknox']I would take anything anyone says on this board with a grain of salt.

Don't let people decide for you, decide for yourself and experience the various cruise lines and at the end of the day if you still don't like a certain cruise line at least you can say you've had first hand experience.[/QUOTE]

I agree, you need to try different cruise lines. Once you do you will probably fall in love with one of them. If you don't you will probably fall in love with a type of ship. Each line has their pros and cons.

[quote name='EZ4']It all started with the Mardi Gras running aground in Miami on it's first Carnival voyage. :p[/QUOTE]

I understand...... And I know what I'm anout,to say will sound like I'm gloating on royals problems but for somebody to suggest that royal has any less problems is wrong. If we are going as far back as the ecstasy and tropicale or even the maradi gras. Then it is fair to look at all of royals incidents. Here is just one example monarch of the seas hit a reef outside st marten in 1998. All pax and crew were mustered and evacuated, it was grounded and out for three months. When was the last carnival cruise lines (not corp) to have to be evacuated because the ship was taking on water?

[quote name='kybluecruiser']I understand...... And I know what I'm anout,to say will sound like I'm gloating on royals problems but for somebody to suggest that royal has any less problems is wrong. If we are going as far back as the ecstasy and tropicale or even the maradi gras. Then it is fair to look at all of royals incidents. Here is just one example monarch of the seas hit a reef outside st marten in 1998. All pax and crew were mustered and evacuated, it was grounded and out for three months. When was the last carnival cruise lines (not corp) to have to be evacuated because the ship was taking on water?[/QUOTE]

Get your facts straight. Royal Caribbean did the same thing on Monarch of the Seas as they did on Granduer. This passengers were mustered to their stations as a precaution, however not one lifeboat was lowered in to the water. The passengers were sent home the same way the passengers were sent from the Dream in St. Maarten.

[quote name='GPoll189']Get your facts straight. Royal Caribbean did the same thing on Monarch of the Seas as they did on Granduer. This passengers were mustered to their stations as a precaution, however not one lifeboat was lowered in to the water. The passengers were sent home the same way the passengers were sent from the Dream in St. Maarten.[/QUOTE]

I know this may be deleted but here you go.

After evacuating a sick passenger at Philipsburg, St. Maarten, the Netherlands Antilles on 15 December 1998, Monarch grazed a reef while departing, opening a gash along the starboard hull 40 by 2 metres (130 by 6.6 ft) in size.[10] The ship started taking water and began to sink by the head. Three of its watertight compartments were completely flooded and several others partially flooded.
It was intentionally grounded on a sandbar to prevent further sinking. [COLOR="SandyBrown"][U]All passengers were evacuated by crew members and local tender operators. [/U][/COLOR]No lives were lost. The grounding breached two of the ships diesel fuel tanks and an overflow tank causing a small fuel spill of approximately 100 US gallons (380 l; 83 imp gal). There was also severe damage to the ship.[10][11] A joint investigation by the Norwegian Maritime Investigator and the United States Coast Guard found that the accident was due to "…a myriad of human performance deficiencies." Reports also indicate that navigation out of the port was done visually rather than using of electronic navigation and that the relocation of a vital buoy was not reflected on charts.[12][13]
The ship was drydocked for repairs for three months at Atlantic Marine's Mobile, Alabama facilities. One hundred fourteen of the ship's compartments had to be cleaned. The work also included replacement of machinery, 460 tons of shell plating, and 18 miles (29 km) of electrical wiring.

[quote name='richstowe']Wow it seems you really are exactly what you accuse others of being.
Seems like many get too much joy from the problems of their least favorite cruise line.[/quote]

Certainly are a number on here gloating over Carnival's past woes. They embarrass themselves.

[quote name='GPoll189']Let me just state that what Carnival touches tarnishes instead of turning into gold. I cruised HAL both prior to Carnival taking it over and after it was taken over. What HAL is now is completely a lower quality cruise line than it was before.[/quote]

More a by product of the HAL customers and not because anything Corporate did to it. Corporate doesn't micromanage the individual cruise lines.

[quote name='GPoll189']Evacuated because it couldn't dock. Their lifeboats were never lowered and the passengers were able to stay on the ship while waiting for their flights home.[/QUOTE]

Please provide your evidence for this statement. Where you there?

[quote name='GPoll189']Evacuated because it couldn't dock. Their lifeboats were never lowered .[/quote]

You have me confused. CBS shows a picture of the port side of the ship and only two lifeboats are visible. Do you know where they put the others ???

Also, the picture shows the ship apparently at a dock, but I can't tell for sure.

[URL]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57586473/passengers-on-cruise-ship-that-caught-fire-describe-ordeal/[/URL]

Can you clear this up for us ??

Maybe you can pay attention to what we are talking about. That picture is of Granduer of the seas in her port of Freeport Bahamas.

She is built with only two lifeboats in her stern.

[url]http://www.google.com/imgres?client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1115&bih=716&tbm=isch&tbnid=HWBf5WFTKqgIfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.americandiscountcruises.com/cruiselines/royal-caribbean/grandeur-of-the-seas.html&docid=LdNl5M6jH3qY7M&imgurl=http://www.americandiscountcruises.com/images/royal_caribbean_ships/ships/grandeur/grandeur-hdr.jpg&w=701&h=250&ei=Wsa_UZTYB_Wo4AOLoIC4Bw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:22,s:0,i:166[/url]

[quote name='GPoll189']Maybe you can pay attention to what we are talking about. That picture is of Granduer of the seas in her port of Freeport Bahamas.

She is built with only two lifeboats in her stern.

[URL]http://www.google.com/imgres?client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1115&bih=716&tbm=isch&tbnid=HWBf5WFTKqgIfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.americandiscountcruises.com/cruiselines/royal-caribbean/grandeur-of-the-seas.html&docid=LdNl5M6jH3qY7M&imgurl=http://www.americandiscountcruises.com/images/royal_caribbean_ships/ships/grandeur/grandeur-hdr.jpg&w=701&h=250&ei=Wsa_UZTYB_Wo4AOLoIC4Bw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:22,s:0,i:166[/URL][/quote]

I was told once that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. It appears that you have a different perspective.

Just put something out there. If you noticed by my signature I don't have an allegiance to one cruise line over another. Now that I am old enough to choose a trip, I pick them based on the ship and the itinerary. Right now their isn't a ship that come close to beating Oasis or Allure. IMHO

Does Carnival have a ship that compares?? Yes they have tried with Dream, Magic, and Breeze. However, I have sailed on the Dream and she doesn't flow as nicely. You feel like you are on a ship with many passengers, unlike the Oasis where you feel you are a ship half the size.

I use to be a HAL groupie but right now HAL isn't on my radar anymore. Their activities have completely decreased. Their is only like one sports activity a day and one trivia a day, compared to what is found on both Carnival and Royal.

Right now Carnival is having a bad run or issues. Is it caused by the "beards" or just luck. No one will know. However, one can't have blinders on when it comes to an industry.

As I said before their are pros and cons to all cruise lines.

[quote name='swedish weave']I was told once that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. It appears that you have a different perspective.[/QUOTE]

Both of your photos show the same thing. What's the issue?

I was told once that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. It appears that you have a different perspective.

It is funny when you bring the Grandeur picture up when we were presently talking about the Monarch. The Monarch did lower their life boats to the embarkation deck, however passenger never board them and they were never lowered into the water.

The picture you attached to your post was the one of the Grandeur of the Seas.

*risks life to intervene in bickering* .... Can't wait to see what type of marketing Bob Dickinson implements! Bring back brochures and NEW TV ads....

At times it does seem you are risking your life going against the passengers who have drank the CCL cool-aid.

At times it does seem you are risking your life going against the passengers who have drank the CCL cool-aid.

I've not drank anything but milk and dr. Pepper..... I have cruised once with royal out of Baltimore and once on NCl,pearl. Royal was ok nothing to brag about. I did not like ncl at all. I like carnival's product. Those who don't, well fine. What I do have issue with is people who act like carnival is the only one who has ever had ship problems. If you don't like carnival fine but don't belittle people who do. I never go to royal or Norwegian boards and post. I did once after the grandeur fire. I went over there just to see what was being said. There was a thread called carnival vs royal. Other then that I stay here because I cruise carnival. It amazes me that some people get a high from bashing a cruise line. Bottom line go cruise on which ever line you want. I'll stick with carnival.

Archived