Tours in Oahu

KCSPUD

Has anyone done the small group tour named Small-Group Oahu Highlights Tour from Waikiki? I was researching tours to do on embarkation day that would allow us to make the 5pm mandatory life boat drill and this one seemed to fit the bill. It commences at 630am and returns around 230pm and covers alot of ground. From the website: This historical and cultural day trip takes you from Waikiki to several top Oahu attractions including Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial, the Dole Plantation and the Polynesian Cultural Center. You'll also visit the Tropical Farms Coffee Plantation, capture beautiful views from Sunset Beach and Waimea Bay, and explore Byodo-In Temple, an impressive Buddhist temple as seen on 'Lost' and 'Hawaii Five-0.' A traditional Hawaiian lunch is included, and throughout your tour, your expert guide will provide informative and entertaining commentary about Oahu's history and native culture

If your looking at this via Viator it looks like a new tour for them. While I have used Viator in other countries and States and they have been very good particularily Europe butI'm not sure I would use them for this tour as there are a lot of tours companies that do this tour under the name of "Oahu Grand Circle Tour" or "Oahu North Shore".

The advantages with Viator is that it offers Pearl Harbour and the Arizona where as other tour companies don't.

The negative to this tour is that PH and Arizona can take up a lot of time pending on the time slot that Viator gets (and I'm guessing it wouldn't be the greatest time because they are new with this tour and are probably inexperienced at how to work the ticket/time slots) If you've been and seen all the tour operators you'll have a better idea of what I'm saying.second negative is Polynesian Culture Centre is approx 30 plus acres and lots of walking, thus lots of time, this place should be done donating a full day, we have been twice and it's an amazing setting and very educational and you can tag on their Luau of their well received show called "Ha Breath of Life"

Lastly if you do this tour grab seating on the passenger side of vehicle that way y'll be on the ocean side for great viewing.

I lovesailing, thanks for responding! Unfortunately we won't have time to do the much anticipated Breath of Life show. We arrive on Friday around 4pm after a 10hour plane ride coming from East Coast. I dont think we will be good for anything else the rest of that day. Then on Saturday we have all day until 5pm to sightsee. I actually found this tour on marriot's site. ( http://trip.marriott.com/activities/search_update). I've done viator before as well, and they have been pretty good. This is our first time to Hawaii so I think I'm willing to give them a try because I don't see any other tour that allows us to do all this one offers and still make it onboard in time for embarkation and mandatory drill. Thanks for the tip about the window seat.

It sounds great, but IMHO, you will only get a glimpse of way too many places. If iy were me, I would go for some sights, but not so many. PCC is really a whole day trip to see all of the villages, etc. and that doesn't even include an evening show. Dole Plantation would be something else you could probably omit. I would go for one of the Roberts Circle Island tours, or a smaller tour company, such as Enoa. Seems to be cutting it too close to return to hotel, get luggage and then get to port and get thru ship's boarding process.

Again, just my thoughts. Tour says. Back at hotel by 2:30, but what if a traffic delay, or the like?

It sounds great' date=' but IMHO, you will only get a glimpse of way too many places. If iy were me, I would go for some sights, but not so many. PCC is really a whole day trip to see all of the villages, etc. and that doesn't even include an evening show. Dole Plantation would be something else you could probably omit. I would go for one of the Roberts Circle Island tours, or a smaller tour company, such as Enoa. Seems to be cutting it too close to return to hotel, get luggage and then get to port and get thru ship's boarding process.

Again, just my thoughts. Tour says. Back at hotel by 2:30, but what if a traffic delay, or the like?[/quote']

Yes I agree with all you've said here and definitely another vote for Roberts.

Archived