century stateroom question

luv2bcruzn

I would appreciate it if some of the seasoned century cruisers could tell me about the category 8 staterooms. Are there any benefits or drawbacks to the aft on continental deck versus the forward on plaza deck. Are they both equally bad as far as being low in the ship or having noise or vibration problems? Thanks, as we are considering booking these rooms. We have cruised before but, have never been lower than mid-ship with a mid-ship stateroom.

I guess you have to ask yourself whether you prefer to be aft on Continental, under the restaurant and near the thrusters; or in the bow on Plaza, under the theatre and close to the anchors . . . neither sounds appealing. Why not consider category 7 on Continental - between the forward and midship elevators? It's probably no more than $10 or $20 more per person, and you would have cabins above you, instead of public rooms, and you'd be away from the anchors and thrusters . . .

Good luck in your choice.

Depending on the itinerary, I would avoid being too low in the aft section. We sailed from Pt. Everglades last year and while we were crossing the Gulf Stream they had to either really rev the engines or use the thrusters or something. The entire dining room area shook and rattled so strongly that you could barely talk, it was awful. I can't imagine what it would have been like in a cabin under the restaurant. The Century docked everywhere on our itinerary, so the anchor was never used so anchor noise wouldn't have been an issue.

Archived