Help with Priceline for LA

lgarner

I am getting ready to try for hotels in the LA area (one night pre cruise and again for one night post cruise) and want to use priceline. However, I don't know what area to select. We will be on the Island Princess in October - I think they go out of the San Pedro pier. I know I have a choice of areas when I bid but not sure what to select to be either near the pier (which I have heard is not that nice of an area) or somewhere close enough that a cab wont cost a fortune the next day. Also don't know what star rating to select - we'd like nice and clean but it doesn't have to be really fancy. Any help greatly appreciated. Also any clues as to a decent bid for a hotel in October.

Lgarner

p.s. On our post cruise stay I would like to see the Hollywood area so we will probably rent a car. Tips on this would also be appreciated.

These are the areas that come up on priceline for LA - I don't know enough about LA to know which is near the port that Island Princess leaves from (San Pedro?). I have also heard that Long Beach is a nice area but do not know which of the below areas it would fall in. Help Please!!

Bel Air - Brentwood

Beverly Hills/West Hollywood

Culver City

Downtown Los Angeles

Hollywood

Los Angeles Airport (LAX)

Redondo - Manhattan Beaches

Santa Monica & Marina Del Rey

Please disregard all of the above. I kept playing with it till I found out how to specify San Pedro and Long Beach. I offered $65 for a three star hotel and got a very nice one in Long Beach. I've already read reviews of the hotel and it sounds very nice - and clean!! Sorry I can't just remove this post.

Long Beach is a nice area. It isn't too far from the pier (cab ride). I am sure the hotel can give you more info.

Pine Avenue is a nice area with shops and restaurants.

Hollywood is quite a drive from Long Beach but definately do-able. I would try to avoid driving during rush hour but in LA that doesn't often mean much. The freeways can be packed at all hours. They built a nice area called Hollywood and Highland (at Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave). It has shops and restaurants. Near California Pizza Kitchen, you can get a great view of the Hollywood sign. The complex is home to the Kodak Theater which is home to the Academy Awards. It is right on Hollywood Blvd where they have the stars on the sidewalk. I don't remember how far it is from the Chinese Theater (now Mann's formerly Grauman's). I don't think it is far.

Enjoy!

Archived