? re: Carnival's tours in S. Caribbean...

can anyone tell me if all of the island tours offered by Carnival in the S. Caribbean are aboard the charter buses? last cruise (E. Caribbean) we did Godfrey's tour (aboard his safari van or whatever he calls them, LOL, the pick ups with benches and a canope) and it was GREAT for snapping pictures on the way or while he paused to explain something/point of interest. although in St. Maarten we did the "See & Sea" through Carnival and were aboard the charter buses, and the guide only stopped once for pictures and zipped through the country so fast we couldn't even take pictures through the tinted windows.

looking for tours that aren't aboard the charter buses (and we're not snorkelers, so those tours aren't what we're after, either).

thanks!

can anyone tell me if all of the island tours offered by Carnival in the S. Caribbean are aboard the charter buses? last cruise (E. Caribbean) we did Godfrey's tour (aboard his safari van or whatever he calls them, LOL, the pick ups with benches and a canope) and it was GREAT for snapping pictures on the way or while he paused to explain something/point of interest. although in St. Maarten we did the "See & Sea" through Carnival and were aboard the charter buses, and the guide only stopped once for pictures and zipped through the country so fast we couldn't even take pictures through the tinted windows.

looking for tours that aren't aboard the charter buses (and we're not snorkelers, so those tours aren't what we're after, either).

thanks!

To accomodate the large goups of people about the only way possible is to have a charted bus. Its really hard for a guide to stop and let people out of the bus for pics and then try to round them back up again.

I have done the Southern Caribbean 7 times and never booked with the ship.

There is a wealth of information re:indie tours on each of the islands. I would check into them.

well the question is a bit general.... "all the tours".... I haven't done them all... is there a few your looking at? might be able to help if I had an idea of what excursions on what port. ;) plus we've done a few on or own.... like godfrey's..... can maybe give some ideas... let me know

Archived