Conquest western Carribean review

yoursurfer

Ok so laundry is almost caught up and post cruise depression is setting in, I will try to give my honest opinion.

Background : we were a group of 15,myself 44, DH 45, DS 23 plus his girlfriend 23, DS 19 plus girlfriend, DD 13. We were also with my parents, Aunt and Uncle, another Aunt, my cousin and her daughter and we were supposed to have another cousin who failed to show up. (long story). My family and parents came from Central Texas, the rest from Louisiana.

We drove down Saturday and stayed in Quality Inn Gretna. This is the second year of staying here and although it isn't fancy, it's a great deal. Ask for Park and Cruise rate.

We arrived at the terminal at 9:00 am. (I'm an overachiever). We had FTTF and I thought it was well worth it. They started boarding at 11:15 and we were in our room at 11:30. You do have to constantly remind staff of FTTF and some have never heard of it.

We had a balcony room 7211, very forward. My parents, aunt and cousin had insides very near to my cabin. The other aunt was in an ocean view on 2, and 4 kids were in an inside on 6. The kids cabin was 6477 and I would highly discourage having this cabin as it was directly over Degas lounge and was very noisy at night until about 2am. Our cabin was one of the noisiest we have ever had but it was because of horrible neighbors and not location. There was a large group in 4 cabins all around us and they loved to congregate in the hall in front of our cabin and talk and laugh and scream!!!! No naps for me this cruise!

Food: we were assigned Monet late seating on the upper level. They had one large table for 10 and a small table for 4 which was very odd. The four of us felt isolated from the rest. I did not like the upper level as you couldn't see anything of the singing and dancing. We had wonderful servers, Kenroy and Alfred but we were always just getting our appetizers when everyone around us were having dessert. Dinner took way over 2 hours each night. We were on the Conquest last summer and had late seating and loved it. This year was terrible. The maitre'd was MIA. Singing only on some nights. Overall very disorganized. The food was just Ok. Warm chocolate melting cake was awesome!

Food in buffet was hands down the worst I've experienced on all cruises.

Guys burgers are great.

Blue Iguana Cantina looked great but was NEVER open.

My biggest complaint was that on port days getting back on the ship around 3 or 4 o'clock, there is literally nothing to eat except Guys burgers so you can just imagine the lines. Everything is closed!

Shows: HORRIBLE. Enough said! The weird animation/live performers is just pain weird!

Comedy shows are ok but very crowded.

Overall we had fun, Belize is dirty and scary, we did cave tubing/zip lining through Cavetubing.com and I can't say enough great things about them. Highly recommend! Roatan we used Victor Bodden private tour and they were also great! Cozumel was fun at Mr. Sanchos. (my 23 y/o had a little too much fun). The food and alcohol runneth over!

It is my personal opinion that the ship looked tired which surprised me because she was just dry docked in Oct. I don't think ANYTHING was updated except 2.0. Last year on the Conquest at the aft pool, there was a sign that said "adults only". 18 or above and i was strictly enforced. This year the sign had been removed and it was crawling with little kids, screaming, splashing etc. there is NO adults only area and it was very disappointing to us.

Debarkation was a breeze with FTTF. We were off the ship at 7:20. Painless!

I guess that wraps it up. All in all a fun cruise but the food and lack of adult space was disappointing.

Archived