Itinerary Changes On Dawn

DEELOUX

The "800" rep said the new times are the itinerary for the summer.

Leaves little time in Nassau. It's a choice between Straw market and Atlantis (if you get off the ship early). Remember, there is usually traffic coming back from Paradise Island, so don't cut it too closely. And DON'T take that guy's water taxi coming back. He won't leave until it is totally filled up. He doesn't care if your ship is about to sail.

I agree: the itinerary of the Dawn is the ship Achille's heal. Wish I had time for the longer run.

As for Nassau at night, you couldn't pay me enough to walk those streets after the sun goes down.

Heather, we just got off the Dawn yesterday. We arrived in Nassau in the evening. Many stores and most of the straw market was open 'til 10pm. We also had plenty of time to shop in the morning. (Just a hint, though. The sellers at the straw market were much more willing to come down in prices in the morning. We could not get anyone to go below 3 tee shirts for $10 when we went in the evening. But, they were offering them for 4 for $10 plus giving little bonus items the next day).

This is exactly what makes me nervous about NCL!!

We are booked for 11/27/05 Spirit.

Guests cannot seem to get a straight or correct answer to very simple questions.

Well, everyone who has posted here has received the same answer from NCL (on the phone)- they say the Dawn arrives in Nassau @ night & departs the next morning... the confusion is coming from the website.

Well, everyone who has posted here has received the same answer from NCL (on the phone)- they say the Dawn arrives in Nassau @ night & departs the next morning... the confusion is coming from the website.

As I always say no sense complaining to those that can do nothing about it.

I sent an email to Andy Stuart VP Marketing last night to help clear up the confusion. Here is the itinerary from the top.

We are going to continue with the overnights for the foreseeable future, I believe it will be an 8pm arrival in to Nassau. The website will be updated today.

Thanks

Andy

you're welcome :)

Hi Shoreguy,

Thanks for the information, but does your source indicate that they will return to the original itinerary after August 14th or is that up for discussion?

I am on the August 28th cruise and many of us would like to make plans, but are in a quandry.

Thanks.

Don

Hi Shoreguy,

Thanks for the information, but does your source indicate that they will return to the original itinerary after August 14th or is that up for discussion?

I am on the August 28th cruise and many of us would like to make plans, but are in a quandry.

Thanks.

Don

Don

All I can say is the cruises thru the 14th were changed and updated. They left the others alone. Perhaps it is a decision that will be made later.

7-Day Bahamas & Florida, New York round-trip

2005: Aug 21, 28; Sep 4, 11, 18, 25, Oct 2

Web site is updated today (finally!).

Now, if only they can correct the inconsistency for the Spirit for the Feb. 19, 2006 sailing.

One place it says the 7-day cruise starts Feb. 26, another place says Feb. 19.

The spirit does the 7 day cruise on both 2/19 & 2/26

I spoke to NCL about over night in Nassau. They said they are staying over night is because people said there was not time to gammble there. that's what i heard.

from,

Deeloux son Kyle

I spoke to NCL about over night in Nassau. They said they are staying over night is because people said there was not time to gammble there. that's what i heard.

I think it is a better itinerary. Trading an overnight for two hours. If you leave at noon or two there is not that much more you can do. This gives many an option to party in town, head for Atlantis, or do a little more shopping at night and still the morning for an excursion of shopping.

Nassau is not my favorite port for me this works for others not. Never going to make everyone happy when they have to be back in NYC by 10 am at the latest.

You want to hear everyone scream. What until the winds are bad on Thru. and they do a full day in Nassau and 1/2 day on Fri at GSC. This happened many times the first year.

We have been on NCL Dawn three times and the itinerary was different all three times. The last being the week after the rouge wave. No stop in Miami. Got to go to GSC and then onto Nassau early enough to get off that evening and had enough time in the am. I wish they would change the seven day itinarary. But I am looking forward to the ten day on Dawn. Also checking in on NCL Spirit six and eight day. Going on the Majesty July 31 2005 Boston to Bermuda. Just came back in May great ship, could not wait to go back on. Making stops at different ports is part of our vacation, but not the only part of the vacation. What they offer on the ships is the vacation,what you make it, having fun, making new friends, etc, and thats not forget those beautiful memories. Here's to a great cruise to all of you. Enjoy ! ! ! :) ops! Thanks Shore Guy for all your help.

just got back from 6/19-6/26 dawn cruise. we arrived in nassau at 8pm on thursday and left the next morning at 11:30am. my group ending up going to atlantis at 1am,took a taxi that fit 6 people at $4 a person one way. went to atlantis and checked out the area, we went to the aquarium in the lobby area and checked out all the sharks,lobsters,stinrays,etc. it was a lot of fun. then, we went back out to where the taxi dropped us off and we took it back to the ship at $4 a person again. you are definitely pressed for time. so if you want to do beach,do it at cocoa beach,south beach,and gsc. you'll get plenty of beach and sun. :)

Hi,

My family and I are on the Aug 14th sailing too and this iternary change is disappointing. We were looking forward to spending the day in Nassau shopping and exploring Atlantis but now we have to rearrange our plans. I read somewhere that mst shops close by 9pm and the straw market at 6. Does anyone know if the shops have changed their hours for the dawns docking?

Heather

On our recent 6/26/05 sailing, we were told that upon arrival in Nassau that the shops would be open to the Dawn's passengers from 8:00 - 10:00 pm that evening. Ultimately we didn't get to Nassau but it appears that they had arranged for the stores to be open for the Dawn passengers exclusively which would have been nice. They hand out a map with the stores that NCL recommends marked and I believe that these are the stores that arranged for the two hour window.

I was on the Dawn June 5 - 12. We stayed overnight in Nassau. Many of the shops were closing up about 9:30 or so. Don't know about the straw market, we did not get that far. Nassau was flooded with people. The Disney Wonder, Regal Empress and a Carnival ship were also in port.

• 1 month later...

Momof3girlz

The Dawn has been getting back between 8-9:00am the last month or so and most times people have been getting off by 10:00am.

We sailed in May and docked at 8:00am. We got off at 10:15am because they held up disembarkation due to some missing non-US citizens. That caused a 15 minute delay.

I think NCL changed the published times to keep the new passengers from coming to the port too early.

Happy Sailings

Monty

Archived