Balcony Divider

scantrelle

Does anyone know if the dividers open on the balconies. My sister and I have adjoining cabins for the Liberty and wanted to know if they open for us to have coffee in the a.m.

You have to request them to be opened but I am sure they will.. I have read some ships that they do not open.. but I am sure with the LIberty being brand new they would.. and you need to both be present at the purser's desk to request it opened... :) Happy Crusin:)

On the Victory the people in the Cabin next to us requested it, as they were travelling with 4 cabins together and they were told "NO"

I guess it would depend on the pursers desk or the entire ships policy...

:)

Strange, as we travelled the Victory two years ago with three adjoining cabins and had the dividers opened no problem.

On the Victory the people in the Cabin next to us requested it' date=' as they were travelling with 4 cabins together and they were told "NO"

I guess it would depend on the pursers desk or the entire ships policy...

:)[/quote']

We had adjoining cabins with friends. Our steward opened the divider for us. We secured it in the closed position when we weren't on the balcony (it will bang in the wind if you don't secure it in some way). It does block somebody's door if you leave it open. At least that is true on the Conquest.

On the Victory the people in the Cabin next to us requested it' date=' as they were travelling with 4 cabins together and they were told "NO" I guess it would depend on the pursers desk or the entire ships policy... :)[/quote']

actually depends on how many are already opened. They are only allowed so many.

You cant open and close the dividers. On some ships they are locked in the open position. Once opened it will stay that way for the duration of your cruise. If you want it opened...ask at the pursers desk and on the Victory leave a note for the cabin stewqard.

We had a cabin next to our friends on the Destiny a few years ago. We asked the cabin steward and he said he didn't think they could open them but he checked and they said it was fine. It's good to take a bunge cord to fasten them with. And as someone else said, you will need to close them when you aren't on the balcony.

I guess it depends on which ship you are on. On the Legend (2003) our friends were next door and we called the first day to have the balcony divider opened. It opened outwards, flush with the balcony rail and was secured in that position. It had special locks to open or close, so it stayed that way the whole week. The only disdvantage was that it opened in front of our side of the balcony... half our view was blocked.

On the following cruises with friends, we just kept it closed (divided) and spoke through the dividers when needed. Liked the privacy better.;)

We were on the Conquest last year and had a cabin next to my sister and her husband. We aked our steward to have the divider opened...but then it blocked our door. So he had it removed completely...it was great, made our balcony a lot bigger.

We were on the Conquest last year and had a cabin next to my sister and her husband. We aked our steward to have the divider opened...but then it blocked our door. So he had it removed completely...it was great, made our balcony a lot bigger.
EEKKKK!!!! I want some privacy :D

Archived