Are 3/18/06 and 3/27/06 Century Sailings really sold out?

siam

March 18th 2006 Century cruise has not been cancelled. It has been changed, along with the March 27th cruise, to 7-night W Caribbean cruises. My wife and I have cancelled our March 18th cruise and our TA rescheduled it for the February 18th cruise. Our price was protected and we got the February cruise for the same price in a different Sky Suite 3 staterooms down. My only problem is that I had just booked airfare for the March cruise at a great price and currently the same flights airfare is $200 more plus a $50 change fee.

Hi Everyone !

Perhaps the drydock did not get extended. It looks like Celebrity simply changed around a few sailings, cutting out some of the 9/10 night sailings, in place of 7 night Western Caribbean sailings.

To try and clarify things, this information is from the Celebrity Website :

Here is what the revised schedule looks like: (Note: All sailings depart from Ft Lauderdale, FL)

3/9/06 - 9 night Western Caribbean.

Then... Century will be doing (4) 7 night Western Caribbean sailings, departing on Sundays.

The 7 night Western Caribbean sail dates are 3/19, 3/26, 4/2, and 4/9/06.

Perhaps Rick (chessbriar) can confirm this. If any of you are affected, I strongly recommend calling your TA or Celebrity to confirm this information.

Andy, your information is correct. IMHO the compensation was pretty lame. If you book a Century cruise from 11/17/05 to 4/9/06 your previous price is protected. If you book a Century cruise from 10/27/06 to 4/13/07 you get a $200 stateroom credit. Had I kept our March 18th cruise, I would have expected to get some money returned since I paid for a 9 night cruise and it changed to a 7 night cruise.

Archived