Dawn sailing 7/3..Time in Cape Canaveral?

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Norwegian Dawn on July 3rd. First time on this ship and very excited. I am wondering actually how much time will we have in Cape Canaveral. We have some left over Disney Passes and was thinking about going to the Magic Kingdom for the day. But I do not feel like paying $40.00 per person for transfers. I called Avis and Hertz but Avis closes at 6:00 PM and Hertz at 5:30 PM. Cars must be returned before then. Anyone have any ideas or want to tell what they did?

Thanks,

KevinsCrusing

Just back last weekend. You're in Port Canaveral from about 10 am to 11 pm. A lot of people I met went to Disney and some took the transportation from the ship just so they could be assured of getting there and back on time. Some were renting cars but I don't know from whom. Keep checking. Get cruise - you will love it - please post a review!!

Hertz will stay open until the cruise ships depart. Call them and tell them you will be on the Dawn and are interested in renting a car from them. We rented a car from them in May and although they were supposed to close at 5:00 or so, they told us they stay open when cruise ships are in port. They were very nice and the service was great - their shuttle van was waiting in the parking lot for us when we got off the Dawn in the a.m. and when we returned the car, their shuttle van took us back to the port.

Kevins ~ Just back from the Dawn and went to Magic Kingdom for the day with our 2 kids (2 and 7). Absolutely loved it!!! We were the first off the ship (we were in an AB Penthouse with concierge servic). Straight to the bus and at the gate by 11:30 a.m. We took the transfers b/c cab ride would have been too uncomfortable with the 4 of us. And, we didn't want to risk missing the ship. After all that walking around in the 95 degree heat, we were ready to come back by 6:00. But, the last bus left at 6:45 so we could have done 1 or 2 more things if we wanted to, but were just too tired. The transfers were nice b/c coming back it was nice and cool and we all crashed. If we had rented a car, we probably would have gotten lost and been too frustrated, hot, and tired: not my idea of a vacation time :) IMHO the transfers are worth every penny (esp with the limited time in Disney).

Thanks for the imput. Hertz will rent me a car for the day for 25.99. My only worry is getting back to the ship on time...(traffic, car transfers, directions stuff like that)

I guess as long as we leave early enough, we should be all right. Still would love to hear possitive and negatives about renting the car.

Thanks all,

Kevin

Archived