Sea Grape Beach

Beth

No charge to get on the beach. $4 per person for a cab ride from the pier. They have chairs and umbrellas for rent. Food, drinks, etc. They have water sports, including kayaking, waterskiing, parasailing, jet skis, etc. Beautiful beach and a great way to spend the day.

I highly recommend this beach as it is the most beautiful beach I have ever been too. My wife can't stop talking about it. She is scared of the ocean, but she got in here. She can't swim and felt totally safe here. I loved it.

Try to get there early, we did several weeks ago on the Voyager. You can snorkel without alot of sediment when there isn't alot of bathers. When the crowds start coming and you want to snorkel alittle, go off to the right as you face the water ,several hundred feet or so and you will find a pretty good snorkel spot, about 20 feet off shore. Bring an inexpensive water camera. you will get nice shots of colorful fish.:) And yes just ask the taxi driver to take you to Sea Grape. There will also be taxi's to take you back to your ship, but make sure you have plenty of time to get back you don't want to be left behind, although it is the Cayman's:)

do I ask the taxi driver to take us to sea grape beach or to a specific hotel? how long is the ride from the pier?

about a 5 min ride or so and cost is $4 per person each way. just ask to go to Sea Grape or Courtyard beach and they will drop you right where you want to be.

Are there Taxi's at Sea Grape Beach to get you back without having to spend alot of time looking for them.

Yes, they start lining up early afternoon to make the trip back. Once in a while you will have to wait while it fills, but they usually fill quickly.

Archived