Circle C

michelle808

A few years ago, I took my nephew (age 12) on a cruise with me. He LOVED Circle C. They had lots of activities, dances, scavenger hunts, games, sports, etc. and kept him busy all the time. He never wanted to hang out with me if Circle C was open. I'm sure they are as good, or better, now. I can highly recommend it.

My daughter loved Circle C. Make sure your child goes the first night when they are all making friends.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Anything else to know about it,does your child get to sign themselves in and out?

Yes they can sign themselves in and out. Make sure they go the first night as they will make friends. My kids end up doing a mix of cc activities and independent stuff with their new buddies. I recommend early dining as the time works better with cc activities. We would decide at dinner each night what time the kids curfew was for that night based on what they wanted to do and if we had an early port the next day. When actually on the ship, we saw the kids for breakfast and dinner and occasionally while walking around. This pseudo independence is one of their favorite things. Ours too really.

I'm blessed with well behaved kids but we set rules in advance that we will have dinner together and they will be on time for dinner and curfew. And if any staff or passenger makes a complaint about them- right or wrong- fair or unfair,they will spend the next day by mom and dad's side. The horror! No issues ever. Oh, one last rule they are not allowed to step into anyone's cabin. If their friend is stopping by to grab something, to wait in the hall or public place.

Yes they can come and go as they or you wish. That was tough for me but Cobra walkie talkies help and I told her she may not be on the outside decks or walk alone. Those were our rules. We were lucky in that Dave (pride 2011) the Circle C director was so fantastic that they stayed put most of the time. This year (we just got off the pride June 9-16) my dd was in club 02. The teens just found spots on the ship that they liked to hang out, were easy to find and had a great time. We still had walkie talkies and rules but all were able to relax and have fun!

We always had dinner together and breakfast if she were awake in time! We always have late seating and that worked for us but some things do start earlier and one of us walked her and then we had dessert and coffee.

There are activities all afternoon and evening and some kids hang out in the club even when nothing is scheduled. My daughter slept in or ate breakfast with us, checked the circle c schedule, and either stayed with us or went! She loved it and as the cruise went on she met up with friends at the pool! We always had late seating, ate together, and if an activity started when we were at dinner, she either went late or left dinner a little early before dessert, which was fine with her! Give it time! My daughter is shy at first but she did have to make the effort and you have to do some activities to get to know people.

Took my granddaughter on her first cruise.. the Legend. She told us she didn't want to do Circle C. We told her to "try" it for one hour. We went back to get her... she ask us to leave..lol. Met so many friends and can't wait to go again in March.

Cathy

How old we're u when u went to it

14 last year, so the ages are actually pretty good.

I'd tell 14 year old kids to enjoy the last year that you can be eligible for Circle C. There's still 3 more years for 14 year olds to enjoy Club O2, but only 1 year for Circle C, so I would suggest sticking to the ages that Carnival has suggested instead of trying to force your way into Club O2.

What time did the first night's activity begin? Do you remember ?

It usually starts with an activity for people to recruit other teens. So, it usually occurs around 6-8, when the welcome aboard show starts.

dinner is from 6-8 and the two older clubs are not'opened during that time. welcome onboard'show'is the first night at 10:30pm. .... circle'c is 12-14 and club 2o is for 15- 17 the first meet and greet orientation is about 9pm the first night and is doen using ice breakers...getting to know your fellow cruisers. its very important that your kids go to thi orientation. if they balk at it ...make it mandatory. it will be the best mandatory thing you enforce all week

Our daughter really enjoyed it also.She still keeps in contact with a couple of the people that she met. We had basically the same rules as others here. No going into anothers cabin and such. We also left post it notes in the room and left each other notes as to each others whereabouts. Would see her with her friends here and there. If they did not want to do the scheduled activity they would check themselves out and maybe go to the arcade or other places. They actually have their own version of the Fun Times telling them of the days activities.

Our daughter really enjoyed it also.She still keeps in contact with a couple of the people that she met. We had basically the same rules as others here. No going into anothers cabin and such. We also left post it notes in the room and left each other notes as to each others whereabouts. Would see her with her friends here and there. If they did not want to do the scheduled activity they would check themselves out and maybe go to the arcade or other places. They actually have their own version of the Fun Times telling them of the days activities.

How old was she?

Carnival typically won't allow 14 yo to the O2 club. my son was almost 15 on our cruise and he was cc. there were a lot of kids and he had a group of 5-6 boy's that he played basketball, swam, and ate pizza/ice cream. I worried a lot about cc before our cruise but it ended up better than I expected.

OP, how old is your child/children? That will make a difference in some of answers you get. My nephew was 3 and didn't want to be away from his mom. My DS w 4 and wanted to be with his cousin, so it wasn't the best for the adults trying to escape kids.

If they can not check themselves in and out, there is a schedule that Circle C keeps to make sure you are not able to leave the kids to them for 15 hours straight.

Good thing I have a wife to remind me of my stupidity! I was confusing Circle C with Camp Carnival!

My older nephew was 12 at the time, his parents let him check himself in and out, but gave him specific times and places to be. Most of the time, we found him sitting under the stairs with some other kids or riding the elevators.

What happens the first night?

kids meet the other kids..kinda'like forming their clicks. if kids go later it is harder to get in with the other kids. the group'counselor'should run some ice'breakers- getting the kids'to'warm up'to'each other--getting to'know everyone

Archived