Sept 19 Ketchikan Bear Viewing

HannahHunter

I am going to be in Ketchikan on Sept 19th. I would really like to see bears. I understand it is too late for Anan observatory then, but flight seeing trips to both Prince of Wales Island and to Traitor's Cove are still being offered. Does anyone have an idea if you are likely to see bears this late in the season? From what I've been reading, it sounds like that may be too late for Traitor's Cove and I'm not sure about Prince of Wales. I understand sightings are not guaranteed, but these are pricey and if there is not much chance of seeing bears, I'd rather save the money. The flight seeing companies are definitely offering trips on Sept 19 but I'm just not sure how likely it is to see bears then.

Appreciate any advice- Thank you.

The company that I am attempting to book with told me it depends on several factors (weather, environment, etc...) but they understand it is a tour to see bears and if they are not there it will be cancelled. I thought that was nice of them to say even though I hope to see bears; also in late Sept.

I would make sure to ask what they think.

Archived