New Orleans-Park and Cruise

bookworm82

We are leaving out of New Orleans on a cruise in December. It's been several years since I have been in New Orleans (2 weeks before Hurricane Katrina) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, clean hotel that has free parking and a shuttle to and from the port? Last time we were here we stayed across the street from the convention center but I can't remember what the name of the hotel was. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

We are leaving on Dec 15 and alot of the places that I checked were already booked. I went ahead and booked the Quality Inn and suites in Gretna. The reviews were a little mixed but hopefully it will be ok. Thanks for your help.

what is going on in NOLA Dec. 8th?? there is very little or nothing available!!! HELP!

We've been trying to book that week for almost a year and have now decided to stay 50 or so miles out. For the first time ever we cannot get a room.

There is a huge medical convention that has booked everything in town. There are a few $500 and up rooms, but that's it. Also a NO Saints home game.

Better look for something out of town or be prepared to spend a lot.

We are Platinum with a couple of the major hotels and even that can't get us a room.

We are arriving on a Sunday as well and looks to be a home football game so we are staying in Slidell. It's only a 30 minute drive in on the day of departure so not too bad. We are choosing to pay a bit extra to park at the port garage as well.

Archived