Bags program, Jewel disembarking at Seattle

We did not use the BAGs program (not even sure what it is! :) ), but found disembarking and finding our luggage very easy. The whole process probably only took 10 minutes.

We asked about this program at the guest reception desk while on board and the worker told us to save our money. He did the math for us and told us it was cheaper and just as good to do this ourselves. He was right! Seattle is an easy port!

We asked about this program at the guest reception desk while on board and the worker told us to save our money. He did the math for us and told us it was cheaper and just as good to do this ourselves. He was right! Seattle is an easy port!

But BAGS program means you don't touch your bags again until your home airport. Because you already have your boarding pass You can go directly to the security line at the airport rather than checking in first at skycap or ticket counter. A real time saver imo.

We used the BAGS program at Pt Canaveral and really liked it. I wish they had it at LAX. We would use it again.

Thanks for the info. We took this same cruise last year and did self disembark and carried our own luggage off. Since then my husband has developed some mobility issues and walks with a cane. We will only have two carryons and my cpap machine bag which I can attach to the top of one of the carryons. We will check our bags at the airport. Will have to weigh our options.

The added cost is around 20.00 and like they say, you don't have to deal with your luggage until you reach your final airport.

You also get your pre printed boarding pass so you can bypass airport check-in and go right to security.

Your shipboard account will be charged for the airline baggage fee as it is paid through the BAGS program.

If you have an early flight - or a late flight and want to sight see a bit in downtown Seattle before you fly out the program takes care of your bags so you don't have to.

But BAGS program means you don't touch your bags again until your home airport. Because you already have your boarding pass You can go directly to the security line at the airport rather than checking in first at skycap or ticket counter. A real time saver imo.

We used the BAGS program at Pt Canaveral and really liked it. I wish they had it at LAX. We would use it again.

Thanks for sharing. We were really interested in it and didn't know anyone that had used it. We may definitely use it for our next cruise. We were VIP going on the ship and our bags were taken care of because we stayed at a hotel we booked through NCL but that certainly wasn't the case after we left the pier. :(

Archived