Which cruise would you choose?

moesyk4

We are currently booked on the Carnival Dream on January 4th. 7 days, we are doing an inside room (all we can afford), stops are Belize and Costa Maya and Cozumel and Isla Routan I believe, something like that. The reason we booked this one is because it's the week before DH's college classes start so he wouldn't have to miss school (he is just taking 2 classes), it goes out of Port Canaveral so we can easily hit up Disney for a day, and we liked the stops.

With the itinerary change, I am SOOO tempted to switch to the Breeze on January 12th. 6 days, three stops to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica...we can do a balcony for the same price as our inside (well, within 50 bucks of it) and of course the newer ship...we love the amenities of ships like the Freedom of the Seas and this is the closest Carnival ship to that.

Anyway, the obvious downsides are DH would be in the middle of school, we lose a day on the ship, and it's a slightly longer drive to Disney (although still doable, about 3 hours longer). Anyway, any thoughts/suggestions?

I would stick with the Dream ONLY because of the extra day. Regardless of where we sail, I'll always pick a longer cruise. Keep checking prices. I have the Dream booked 12/7 and upgraded from inside cabin to Cove balcony just today. The prices may drop enough for you to move. I know I was a happy camper.:D

I have not done Isla Roatan and Belize, but I am looking forward to those ports. I, too, would stay with the Dream. 1 more day, 1 more port and that is always good. Either way, you will have a good time.

I have never done the inside cabin, but if you are looking to gain some extra sleep, I hear those are the rooms for it.

I have been on both ships and all of those ports. My choice would be th Breeze. Been on her twice. Best ship in the fleet. love it. Also, u will enjoy the balcony better than the inside. I have been in every room, Balcony is the way to cruise.

Archived