Celebrity Eclipse 6th October 2013 Canaries

G&PCruisers

Travelling down on Sunday morning too. Parking with some relatives that live nearby and getting a lift to port from them.

Happy to meet in Martini bar on the first night - as long as that's where the LGBT meet is advertised, at least! Don't want any non-Cruise Critic people to miss out.

I've read that the LGBT meet is normally advertised on a noticeboard near the Concierge/Reception desk. Is that right?

I'm happy to be guided by the cruise experts, however!

Yes, that's right. The lgbt meet is advertised by the guest relations desk. So probably best to meet where it says on the first night. When we were on the Eclipse in May, the martini bar was packed and we failed to meet anyone. Sounds lie there is more chance to meet this time:). Less than two weeks to go. Ant wait. :-)

Has anyone else signed up for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle? (Ooo, look at me, getting all the Cruise Critic lingo...).

I've put me and the other half down for it but I wondered if anyone else could advise for or against it!

Anyone else in Aqua class? Just wondering if we might have company in Blu some evenings?

We're also travelling down on the Sunday morning as we don't live too far away. Counting down the days now. :)

Hi Apple we are in Aqua too so will prob see you in Blu.

Have signed up for meet and mingle not sure if will go depends on what it is like.

Shall we stick to where it is advertised first so not to exclude anyone else?

Am having fun with celebrity at the moment about upgrading our drinks package before we sail as they have out the prices up on board, so everyone beware!

So looking forward to a relaxing couple of weeks doing nothing and meeting lots new people.

We have trips booked in Azores and Maderia, dos anyone have any plans or ideas of what to do in Gran Canaria? I know celeb is offering a beach transfer to maspalomas but not sure which part of the beech :)

Hi Ade. We were going to upgrade our drinks package when we get on board. What have you heard about the prices on board?

We have booked a trip on the Azores only at the moment. No other plans yet. We were thinking of going to the dunes in Correleo on Fuertervrntura, but the celebrity bus is only four a 4hour trip. May try to do our own thing. Not sure yet.

Not long to go :-)

The price onboard have increased and people are being told you would have to lay the difference between classic pre boarding to premium onboard (new price) so instead of 11.50 a day per person will be 17.50 per day per person.

Uk based people are being told that there is noway to upgrade before boarding. Woks out as about 160 dollars more for two if you're uk based compared to elsewhere!

We're late dinner sitting too.

Let's go for meeting at the advertised time/location for the LGBT meet on the first night, and if we want to change it later on in the trip we can.

If there happens not to be one advertised, shall we go for 1945 in the martini bar?

Even if the martini bars packed you can look out for me, at least. 26 year old red-head - I imagine I'll stand out!! Come and say hello - I'll be with a Mediterranean looking fella :-)

Oooh getting closer to the day now - getting excited!

Still need to settle my apprehensiveness about a cruise though - it's our first time and despite all the reading and research I still feel woefully underprepared!

Thanks G&P - that does seem like a good way of putting it.

We've had our "GTY" cabin assigned, and in our favour (at least as far as I can tell), so that's one less worry.

Now I just need to stop procrastinating and get ironing - had my last day at work today so I've wound down, just wound down a bit too far too quickly before packing!

Archived