Valor - 6/30/13 - REVIEW!!!

jlk806

Great review! Can't wait for our February cruise! We are planning on doing the zipline in St. Kitts. I am excited and petrified at the same time!

Dont be! I realized how safe it is and its such a beautiful experience. I was terrified on the very first (longest) run but it was truly amazing. The guides there are great and fun and make the experience so much more awesome. You'll love it!

Email Wendell directly wendell@mysticmantours.com she emailed him and he always answered quickly, I emailed with one question too and he responded quickly. It definitely was the best excursion ever, we saw several other boats out on the water and ours seemed to be having the most fun of any!

Thanks for the tip, just e-mailed Wendell and hoping for that quick response!!:D

Just noticed that (except for St. Thomas where we're heading over to St. John and Trunk Bay),,,we are following all of your same port excursions,,,with the addition of Maho Beach along with Orient Beach in St. Marteen. Thank you so much for the great review and the contact point for Mysticman tours.

Thanks for the tip, just e-mailed Wendell and hoping for that quick response!!:D

Just noticed that (except for St. Thomas where we're heading over to St. John and Trunk Bay),,,we are following all of your same port excursions,,,with the addition of Maho Beach along with Orient Beach in St. Marteen. Thank you so much for the great review and the contact point for Mysticman tours.

No problem! He put our pictures on the Mystic Man tours facebook page they loved our group! Hopefully you get to do it too!

No problem! He put our pictures on the Mystic Man tours facebook page they loved our group! Hopefully you get to do it too!

He got back to me in 20 minutes,,,WOW!! Right now he only has us four for that date, which happens to be Thanksgiving. He needs a minimum of 8 for the excursion, I'm sure some more folks will sign up in the next 130+ days, and we'll have a great trip too!!:D

He got back to me in 20 minutes,,,WOW!! Right now he only has us four for that date, which happens to be Thanksgiving. He needs a minimum of 8 for the excursion, I'm sure some more folks will sign up in the next 130+ days, and we'll have a great trip too!!:D

Put out a thing about it on your roll call on this site, thats what Deb did originally and we ended up with an awesome group of 35 people or so signed up and everyone came!

My group of 10 is also going with Mystic Man Tours.....LOVE to hear your positive review of the excursion, as none of my family have been to any of the Virgin Islands before.

I'm happy to hear I've made a good choice for the group :)

My group of 10 is also going with Mystic Man Tours.....LOVE to hear your positive review of the excursion, as none of my family have been to any of the Virgin Islands before.

I'm happy to hear I've made a good choice for the group :)

Can I join your group??? I wanna go back so badly! :D

Great review! This was my favorite itinerary. The ziplining looks like a ton of fun. I've got to do that one day. Y'all look like such a fun group....wish we had sailed together! :D

Thanks! I read your review when I was in the pre-cruise excitement stage! Love cruising! Maybe someday we'll end up on the same cruise!:)

Yes, in St Kitts the sky safari ziplining they have a contract with Carnival (and probably the other cruise lines) that you must book through Carnival. It was awesome and we felt very safe the whole time.

Did you book it ahead of time online or wait until you got on the ship to book zip lining? Do you save taxes by waiting?

First .... loving your review! We are doing the Zip Lining in St. Kitts, and wonder is there a place to lock your stuff ? thanks!

They have a cabinet in the office/store area to store things and they assured us they would watch it, but we didnt bring anything of value except wallets/ship cards/cameras which we kept on us. I shoved my wallet in my bra (sorry if TMI) I didnt have any pockets. That was the only place I felt it was safe. You can wear sunglasses and carry cameras on the runs it is very smooth. The other girls in the group were taking pics and videos going across some and it was fine. I would leave my bag with say sunscreen and stuff in it fine, but just not bring anything of value I couldnt shove in a pocket or a bra. ;) LOL

Did you book it ahead of time online or wait until you got on the ship to book zip lining? Do you save taxes by waiting?

I dont believe we were charged any tax. I booked it a couple months in advance I could see some time slots were filling up, since they have 20 slots per time slot. I did notice, however when I first booked it there were 3 time slots available 20 spots each (8:30AM, 9AM & 11AM, we took 11AM) but as it got closer and those filled up they added 3 more slots (I think 930AM, 11:30AM & 1pM). I wouldnt wait if i knew I wanted it, because you can always cancel up to a few days before the cruise if you change your mind for a full refund.

Great review so far! DH and I did the Valor the week before (June 23-30) and had a great time. Who did you fly with? We flew in the same day that the ship was to depart and we vowed never to do that again! We were flying in from Toronto, Canada and had a connecting flight from Philly to San Juan. When it came time to board, 24 of us were bumped off the flight with the explanation that since the flight wasn't full, US Airways decided to downsize the plane. This is BS since when I was choosing our seats a month before the flight, it was impossible to get two seats together and the flight was nearly full! The flight attendants asked if non-cruise passengers would kindly give up their seats so that the cruise people could make it to the ship on time. 6 people gave up their seats and they scrambled to get people on. They started putting people on in order of them being bumped off. Luckily we were the 3rd and 4th people so we made it! We didn't sit next to each other but at this point we didnt care. At least we got seats!!!! Flying back home was a disaster as we had to catch the connecting flight from Charlotte to Toronto... Flight was delayed almost 3 hours due to "weather conditions". Landed in Toronto just after 2am.... Got home to find 3 messages from the airline that were left on Saturday to say the flight was changed. How they could predict this a day before is beyond me. Lesson learned: avoid flying with US Airways!!!!

Did they change the 2nd formal night? On our cruise it was on Day 4 (thursday) when we were in St. Lucia....

Oh great! We booked our flights with US Airways! We are flying in the day before so hopefully we'll stay on schedule. We spent $350 on our hotel in San Juan so I'd hate to get in too late and not be able to enjoy it! :eek:

Oh great! We booked our flights with US Airways! We are flying in the day before so hopefully we'll stay on schedule. We spent $350 on our hotel in San Juan so I'd hate to get in too late and not be able to enjoy it! :eek:

Well if youre flying in a day early you should be fine! We had no issues on the new flight they put us on, everything was smooth from there.

• 1 month later...

Archived