Anybody use V.I.V. tours recently?

wannago35

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wannago,

From the website, it looks like lunch is included on the combo trips (ziplining/cavetubing) but not included in the cavetubing only excursion ($45).

We are traveling at the end of November and I have been researching a CAVETUBING group that will carry the tubes for their customers and VIV does do this it seems...

Trip Adviser has limited reviews it seems compared to many other excursion groups.

I might start another thread asking what group people had the most success with regarding Cavetubing in Belize...

Take Care,

-Boomer

Actually, my family and my neighbors used VIV last Wednesday (July 24) and I would only say good things about them. Our tour group consisted of 15 from the Carnival Dream. Our driver was Kareem and the assistant was Nadine. They were very easy to find in port. Our tender docked at Terminal 2, which is where VIV is located outside of. We met up, signed all of our paperwork and were on our way at precisely 9:22 am. The drive to the site is a bit long. . . . a little over an hour. It was entertaining and the driver (I talked with him because I sat in the front seat) was very informative. When you get off the main highway, you will drive on a road with many potholes. . . . what a hoot. The driver said "don't worry, I have my PhD. . . . Pothole Dodging degree". The drive does not seem that long.

Once we got to the site, we were advised to change in the facilities and to lock all belongings we weren't taking with us in the van. After this, we were each fitted with a helmet (with light) and a life vest. Then, off through the water (we crossed it three times, but it isn't difficult) and through the forested area. It was extremely hot and humid and I for one was grateful to have someone else carrying my tube!!! You do have to pick up the tubes near the end of the walk and carry them about 5 minutes. It was tolerable. :o) One note: Be careful along the trail as my youngest son walked through a colony of ants who were none too happy with him and he was bitten a few times.

Once in the water, we went through a few caves and open areas for a journey of two miles. When most others were getting out of the water, we were still floating downstream. We were also given the opportunity to get out of the tubes and to jump off a small cliff or just to swim around.

At the conclusion of the cave tubing experience we exited the water right where we had started. We returned our tubes, life vests, helmets and changed into dry clothes. After this we were treated to a lunch that consisted of a tamale and a non-alcoholic fruit punch. We were given a few extra minutes and then headed back to port. Along the way, Kareem stopped the van and purchased some fresh mangos for everyone to try. Yum!

We arrived back in port a few minutes after 4 pm. The last tender was at 5:15 pm. I would also like to add that we came across a van which had broken down on the way back to port. Our driver stopped to provide what assistance he could. Another vehicle had already been dispatched to pick them up. They are extremely conscientious about taking care of their Very Important Visitors.

I would highly recommend VIV to anyone. At $45 per person including lunch with a tip being extra, it was a great way to spend the day!!!

Archived