DL & birth certificate: First name must match

ohyes!

When we were going through the cruise terminal, my sister-in-law got hung up because her name was in THEIR computer different than what she had been given by her TA, a mistake obviously made by the carnival employee who mistakenly wrote the TA's first name and not hers! She had a paper ticket with her name right, but the computer had her name wrong, so it took us 2 hours and $50 to get past "GO", which her TA has promised to get back! Who could have known what trouble would be waiting! Now I had no problems with any of my 3 cruises using my birth cert. and drivers license, and my maiden name just happens to be on my drivers license along with my married name, but my cruise ticket said "Julie" and my drivers license and my birth cert. both say "Julia", and that wasn't a problem at all. I am seriously going to get a passport before next trip, though...it just saves time and is easier to keep up with. Anybody know how long it takes to get one?

When we were going through the cruise terminal, my sister-in-law got hung up because her name was in THEIR computer different than what she had been given by her TA, a mistake obviously made by the carnival employee who mistakenly wrote the TA's first name and not hers! She had a paper ticket with her name right, but the computer had her name wrong, so it took us 2 hours and $50 to get past "GO", which her TA has promised to get back! Who could have known what trouble would be waiting! Now I had no problems with any of my 3 cruises using my birth cert. and drivers license, and my maiden name just happens to be on my drivers license along with my married name, but my cruise ticket said "Julie" and my drivers license and my birth cert. both say "Julia", and that wasn't a problem at all. I am seriously going to get a passport before next trip, though...it just saves time and is easier to keep up with. Anybody know how long it takes to get one?

Thanks for the info Nurse. Guess you just never know. I hope your SIL got her money back from TA. Anyway, I will be getting a passport too with maiden and married name to make this whole process easier. I just don't know if I have time before my next cruise.

Deb

How long does a passport take? We are traveling in September ?

It seems like it took 4-6 weeks to get our passports. If you send in your application now, I think you'd have plenty of time. It might take a little longer, though, because of the new passport requirement...more people getting them, but I still think you'd get them well before September.

It seems like it took 4-6 weeks to get our passports. If you send in your application now, I think you'd have plenty of time. It might take a little longer, though, because of the new passport requirement...more people getting them, but I still think you'd get them well before September.

Thanks Mona. Will look into it!

Deb

Archived