Liberty of the Seas Toulon or La Seyne Sur Mer Oct 21, 2013?

peggybish

Does anyone know where the Liberty of the Seas docks when in Toulon? Is it in Toulon or in La Seyne Sur Mer? And any advice for car rental in either or both ports. Thanks and cruising there October 21, 2013

• 2 months later...

Just came from that cruise. There was a ferry boat going from La Seyne to Toulon provided by Royal for free. If you don't have an excursion planed do not waste your time going there. There is nothing there but a mall. everything in that town is very expensive and just sad. You'll have more fun at the ship. We lasted there 2 hours too long.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...
Just came from that cruise. There was a ferry boat going from La Seyne to Toulon provided by Royal for free. If you don't have an excursion planed do not waste your time going there. There is nothing there but a mall. everything in that town is very expensive and just sad. You'll have more fun at the ship. We lasted there 2 hours too long.

Are you sure it's free? It was like 16€ or something in 2012

You can take a public ferry at "Ponton Espace Marine" which is 500 meters away from the ship, just walk the docks towards La Seyne and you'll see the stop. It's just one or two euros per ride.

http://www.reseaumistral.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp?rub_code=6&lign_id=21

If you do not book an excursion is nice to go to Toulon for a walk. On sundays there's a street market. It's a 2-3 hours excursion all in all, but since it's the second day and you might be tired, it was enough for us.

If i were to dock another day in Toulon I would book an excursion to Cassis or Aix en Provence, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure it's free? It was like 16€ or something in 2012

You can take a public ferry at "Ponton Espace Marine" which is 500 meters away from the ship, just walk the docks towards La Seyne and you'll see the stop. It's just one or two euros per ride.

http://www.reseaumistral.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp?rub_code=6&lign_id=21

If you do not book an excursion is nice to go to Toulon for a walk. On sundays there's a street market. It's a 2-3 hours excursion all in all, but since it's the second day and you might be tired, it was enough for us.

If i were to dock another day in Toulon I would book an excursion to Cassis or Aix en Provence, though.

It was free. If I had to pay to go to Toulon I would've remember because I would've been very upset!

Archived