Catamaran/Snorkle Tours available at dock in St. Thomas/St. Lucia/St Kitts?

Miles2Go

I haven't figured out how to find an answer to my question through previous threads, so I'm sorry if this has been answered before! We are cruising on Carnival Valor in August 2013 and would like to just wait until we hit port (weather may be an issue) to determine whether we would like to find a catamaran/snorkel tour/excursion. I understand that there are a ton of taxis and land tour groups selling themselves at the dock, but I can't find whether or not there are also catamaran/snorkel tours available at the dock? The ports I would be interested in are St. Thomas, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. Thank you so much for any information!

Have you tried the "ports of call" board?

click on Caribbean and each island will be listed.

That would be your best place to research.

I'm just that type that HAS to have a plan. I like knowing exactly what I'm doing that day instead of TRYING to find something.

We just returned and I had booked all our snorkel excursions by February. I believe all of the companies I used would refund you your deposit (if one is taken) if they have to cancel because of weather. mof, our Antigua was canceled because of weather. Waiting on the credit card bill next month to see if the credit showed up (I'm sure it will).

Thanks, ryansmom! I am usually exactly the same way - but I'm trying really hard to "play it by ear" this cruise. I do feel better knowing that we would get a deposit back due to weather and will look into local tour groups for further details...Will also check the ports of call board! Hope your trip was wonderful and that your next one is soon!

• 5 months later...
What did you find at St. Kitts? I sail Sunday and that is the one spot I have not found a good snorkel excursion

Not sure if you were asking me, but we used Blue Water Safaris for the 1/2 day light lunch snorkel. They take you to Sh!tten Bay to snorkel. There's a wrecked barge at the shoreline there and lots of coral. There were tons of trumpet fish there too. IF you go, when you get off the catamaran, snorkel off to the left first (toward the wreck). Off to the right the water is deeper and has nice coral, but no where the amount of fish off to the left has.

There aren't many snorkeling spots good in St. Kitts, but this one seems to be the recommended one. We enjoyed it and we're somewhat of snorkel snobs.

Here's a clip of our day: