Irie blue hole and Dunns waterfalls

La Princesa

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has gone to both of these. I am going in the freedom of the seas docking in plymoth. I guess it will be almost an hour away. Anyone has any input on how to do both? What company to book w/etc????? We are 7 most teens and are adventurous....

You could probably do both, but we did just the Blue Hole (Secret Falls) with a meal after through realtoursjamaica.com and that took us most of the time we were docked in Falmouth. You get to climb a falls there too, but you won't have to link hands with a bunch of other people. There were probably only 10 other people at the Blue Hole and they said we were one of their largest groups ever. We had 22 of us including 12 ages 16-22 and had a blast. All of the "kids" said it was their favorite excursion.

Yes, I would highly recommend them. The "boss" called our tour guide's phone and asked to speak with us to check how everything was going and make sure we were pleased. We left all of our things in the van and the driver locked it and waited with it while we were enjoying the Blue Hole and falls.

Hello, I would highly recommend Liberty Tours Jamaica, request Ricardo as your guide. He is very professional, reliable, knowledgeable and you will experience a fun and safe tour. The blue hole is amazing, you could do both but I would recommend you do the blue hole over Dunns river falls. Dunns falls are very commercialized and you'll be stick with a lot of people you don't know in a line of traffic holding hands. The rocks are also slippery. They blue hole is limestone rocks so they are not slippery and the natural Beauty is amazing! Ricardo will also take you to see fire water. Yes, fire on water! It's a natural source of water where minerals rise, sulfur being one of them. I wish there was a way to put pictures up, I'll see if I can. I went with my girlfriend to the blue hole and to see the fire water. What an amazing experience. We left not only impressed with the your and beauty but we came away with a friend in Ricardo. Liberty Tours Jamaice is definitely the way to go. He also took us to Columbus Park, where Columbus touched land in 1494. They have a seaside restaurant there too with amazing local jerk chicken. This your is personalized and private, you won't be in a bus with 30-50 ppl. Liberty Tours Jamaica phone # is +1 (876) 471-5961

Hello, I would highly recommend Liberty Tours Jamaica, request Ricardo as your guide. He is very professional, reliable, knowledgeable and you will experience a fun and safe tour. The blue hole is amazing, you could do both but I would recommend you do the blue hole over Dunns river falls. Dunns falls are very commercialized and you'll be stick with a lot of people you don't know in a line of traffic holding hands. The rocks are also slippery. They blue hole is limestone rocks so they are not slippery and the natural Beauty is amazing! Ricardo will also take you to see fire water. Yes, fire on water! It's a natural source of water where minerals rise, sulfur being one of them. I wish there was a way to put pictures up, I'll see if I can. I went with my girlfriend to the blue hole and to see the fire water. What an amazing experience. We left not only impressed with the your and beauty but we came away with a friend in Ricardo. Liberty Tours Jamaice is definitely the way to go. He also took us to Columbus Park, where Columbus touched land in 1494. They have a seaside restaurant there too with amazing local jerk chicken. This your is personalized and private, you won't be in a bus with 30-50 ppl. Liberty Tours Jamaica phone # is +1 (876) 471-5961

Hi! We booked Liberty Tours Jamaica for our Allure cruise on August 11 and Ricardo will be our guide. We are definitely excited to check out the blue hole and hopefully get a local shopping as well plus Scotchies for lunch. We will be coming from Falmouth and I just wonder how long it will take us to go to blue hole. I just want to make sure we are on time going back to the ship :).

Also, how much do you give tips to the guides at the blue hole? How many of them are there to guide you? There will be six of us and I just want to make sure we have enough money with us. Thanks!

I can echo the above regarding Ricardo...

We just got back from the Carnival Breeze. We booked with Courtney Taylor Tours. There were 9 of us ages 65,48,45,40,19,16,13,10. We had our own van.e were in port from 11-6, got off the ship around 12. We did Dunn's first. and then Blue Hole and made it back to the ship with over an hour to spare.

Dunn's is extremely crowded and slow. There is a route on the each side and there are the guides leading there tours up the falls. We did not have a guide. My friend (40) took the kids up the middle and navigated quite well around the tour groups. They had a blast! We were not that adventurous and got stuck behind the tours. It would have taken us over 2 hours to do the climb. Our friend and the kids got done in about an hour. When we were there the line was for using a guide. It was LONG! We walked right past it, turned left and went down the stairs. While it is an amazing place. Even though it was crowded, my kids (16) said it was the best part of the trip.

Blue hole is great for those who like adventure. You are diving into natural pools, climbing some falls, swinging off of ropes. It was awesome. I would pick Blue hole over Dunn's if you think you are going to run out of time.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off of Freedom of the Seas. You and your teens will love it! We hired Courtney Taylor to take us to the Blue Hole. My teens loved every minute of it. Let me warn you: The drive from Falmouth is around 1 hour 20 minutes. We passed Dunns' River Falls. That was 1 hour away from Falmouth. During the drive, Courtney will give you a talk about Jamaica. This was very entertaining to my teens. When we arrived at the Blue Hole, there were about 3 groups of 5-6 people. The guide will come up and introduce himself to you. All of the guides are respectful of taking turns with their groups. So, while we were on the rope swing, no other groups were sharing it with us. By the time we left, there were many more people. They will tell you that you can get off the boat at 10:30, but it ended up being closer to 10 am. Just be ready to get off at 10 am. When you get off the ship, walk straight through the port and then turn right. Ask the officials for your tour guide and they will help. Try to be the first group at the Blue Hole. Have fun!

Archived