New here with a ?

kendelq

Hello! My husband and I are booking a first anniversary cruise to Bermuda in August. We are going on NCL Majesty from Boston. I have a few options right now for cabins and was wondering which was better> The first in on the viking level (higher up) but towards the aft and the second in on the biscayne (lower) in the middle. My husband is VERY prone to motion sickness. Which is better for sickness and leaving the ship etc....? Thanks so much! :)

lower in the middle better for seasickness,,,less movement...as for getting off they are all essentially the same. The closer you are to stairs or elevator the quicker you can get off but you can get off easily at St George's on the Majesty...

Thanks! I think I'll book the biscayne level just in case! Somebody told me last night that the lower you go, the smaller the windows get? Is that true? Sorry to sound so idiotic here, but the last cruise I went on was right after college with a bunch of girls and I don't think we cared where we stayed :-)

Somebody told me last night that the lower you go, the smaller the windows get? Is that true?

It looks to me like the only way to get a bigger window is to book a suite on deck 9 or perhaps the few CC cabins at the forward end of the ship on deck 6. Here's a picture of the Majesty.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/pics/trips/Cruise-2005/KeyWest/tn/img_6740.jpg.html

The lowest deck with portholes for windows is for crew, not for passengers. All of the passenger cabins on decks 3, 4, and 6 appear to have the same size windows, except for the forward cabins (two AB minisuites and a few CC cabins) on deck 6. The large windows on deck 5 are for public rooms.

...Sorry to butt in and this is totally off the subject but Kendel, are you from CT? I don't know if you remember me but I met you at a hair salon in Southbury :)

WOW! Time flies~ You are almost married a year! Happy anniversary!

BTW: You will like the Majesty! and LOVE Bermuda!

The outside cabins on the Biscayne deck have good size picture windows. They are definitely a lot bigger than a porthole. Plus, there is a shelf at the bottom of the window that is great for storing small items.

Thanks hotspur for the pic and to eveyone else for their responses! I ended up booking a cibin by the stairs on the biscayne deck - yay!

McCutie - I AM from CT!! Small world :-) yes, can you believe it's been a year...time really flies! How many times have you been on the Majesty? Any suggestions/tips?

We've sailed on the Majesty several times, and, since this is your first cruise, we think you'll be very comfortable on the Biscayne deck -- we've stayed there once, in a superior, midships, port side. As you sail more and more (and get used to the Majesty, if you choose to sail her more than once) you'll find you want to be "closer to the action" on one of the upper decks -- we just love deck 8, even a partially obstructed stateroom, because we find, being that far up, we rarely ever use the elevators! Gotta work off all that food, beer and fro-fro drinks somehow!

I hope you have a great time on the Majesty! We just LOVE this ship! :D

welove2cruise - I had the option of staying near the aft of deck 8, but chose the biscayne due to my fear of DH getting sick! I have been on 2 other cruises - both carnival ships. Do you think I should have gone with deck 8? He gets sea sick ALL the time :-)

It can't be worse than being on the lowest level on the carnival fantasy right?

Hi again Kendel! I have been on the Majesty twice...I too, think you made the right cabin location choice...I always heard that mid ship lower cabins have less motion......

Bring some meds just in case.......

You will have a great time! The crew/staff are the nicest people...

good choice... just got off the ship sunday ... me i never get seasick.... well thank god my brother-in-law had a few extra "patches" 4 hours after i put it on i could function again... i missed the sushi! bring the patches ! our cabin was in the aft and family was in the forward they felt the sway more than us..

Archived