Complainers

Does anyone else out there just goes on their cruise to relax and not worry about much of anything?

It seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who just look for reasons to complain about the smallest things such as their steak being cooked medium instead of medium well..

I am looking forward to my cruise on sunday and I certainly hope there isn't a fair share of people who look to complain the entire time. Is there anyone else out there who feels the way I do?

I am the same way you are. I go to relax and have a good time.....I dont look for problems or things wrong with crew or ship. I feel like a totally different person when I am on a cruise from the moment I step onboard. TOO many people complain about the most petty things, but then this is just how they live their daily lives even when at home.

Tim

We fall into the relax and be mellow group. I just haven't seen anything that was so bad that it would ruin my trip. That's not to say some folks don't have legitimate complaints, but we're just happy to be on the cruise.

I'm so happy to be cruising that I don't complain about anything! And I tip everybody who smiles at me...including other passengers.

five more days until the sea breeze ruffles my hair...

I'm with you.....I too feel like a different person the moment I step onboard into the Centrum. I don't look for torn carpeting or worn furniture. If I'm not the one cooking and cleaning up, the food all tastes wonderful to me.....if I'm not making the bed, changing the sheets and towels, the room is devine. I've been on a lot of cruises, and I can't remember one where I didn't have a wonderful relaxing time, even the one where it rained all day 6 out of 7 days. Just layed around being 'cruise bums', took lots of naps, and gambled (too much) Okay, that's one complaint - why doesn't RCCL arrange for every passenger to win at least one jackpot? ;-) We leave Thursday....

Michele

I think for the most part, the complainers are in the minority. After 12 cruises, I have always had pleasant table mates and have rarely encountered complainers. I have however encountered many RUDE people who think that they should be the first in line, the first to get on the elevator, and out of even if people are waiting, and pushing to get food at the Windjammer etc.

Let's all go and enjoy and not worry or complain as it has to be better than going to work everyday or doing housework or food shopping. Can't wait

I have no complaints, maybe just one I have to get off the ship. Some people just have to complain about anything. Stay home where you can complain to yourself and like it. Vacations are for fun and to relax.

If you can walk, talk and see that is a vacation in it's self. Some people have never been on a cruise and never will be on one. Stop complaining you are Blessed to be able to get on a ship.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I must say I have been a bit worried after I have read some of these posts. I have read ones about people throwing a fit because they didn't get Lobster at dinner? And I read another one where someone was acting like they were going to march down to the RCI headquarters and throw a temper tantrum because they were eating dinner at 6 pm and not 8 pm. I know that I am NOT going to be standing in some line just to complain about my dinner time when I could be spending that time off exploring the ship and having a good time with my family.

Yes, once onboard Lauren and I do enjoy ourselves and relax. But I will speak up if I feel it is necessary. Do I speak up if the room steward is running behind and she called to let me know...definately not. But if she frequently ran late, keeping her from cleaning the room in a decent manner and never stopped to mention any reason why or apologize, then yes I would be frustrated--leading to a complaint.

If I am willing to spend $3,000(+) then I believe RCI should provide a high level of service. In my job I provide a service and can't tell you enough how frustrating it can be if I don't have feed back. Sure, I love all the compliments, but I expect to hear those. I want to hear the issues, as funny as that seems. If there is two people complaining then there is certainly 20 others who are not willing to speak up that are most likely experiencing the same problem. Why don't they speak up? Because, they have come to expect mistakes, poor service, and frustrations and don't feel it is worth the hassle to say anything. Well, I can't fix, what I don't know. So I do find it important to hear all that complaining. Just my $.02. :)

Never a reason to complain here either. That is not to say some cruisers don't have legitimate complaints...some do and we should probably hear about it. I do agree there are "chronic complainers", I enjoy hearing from them as well, absolutely hilarious.:D

I go to relax also but if I experience lousy service or stateroom issues (like on my last cruise) I'm not going to over look it just for the sake of keeping the peace. I will bring it to the attention of guest relations so that the customers cruising after me won't have to deal with the same problems I had to. I will also relay my cruise experiences both positive and negative to the readers of these boards. If that is nit picking so be it. I pay hard earned money for my vacation and I expect at least decent service while on board. The readers of my posts can judge for themselves whether or not my comments are valid.

Complain about your cabin steward being late??? maybe it was you that was late leaving for dinner or leaving for the pool so your room can be made....Maybe it was you that made your cabin attendant wait in the hallway until you leave so they can do their job...AGAIN....PETTY!

I'm so happy to be cruising that I don't complain about anything! And I tip everybody who smiles at me...including other passengers.

:D :D :D :D

Please send my tip to me at the following address........

Complain about your cabin steward being late??? maybe it was you that was late leaving for dinner or leaving for the pool so your room can be made....Maybe it was you that made your cabin attendant wait in the hallway until you leave so they can do their job...AGAIN....PETTY!

Are you talking to me?

Some people are never happy. Sad. The last cruise my family went on we were 4 in a suite. On the way to the cabin for the first time I passed a lady in the hall who was just complaing to high Heaven about the size of her suite. I stopped to listen for a quick minute. She asked me how in the world were her and her husband supposed to 'manage' in such a small cabin.

I looked at her and smiled and said, "Lady, please keep it down, my family can hear you and we have the same size cabin as you but with 2 more people in it. I've been telling them for 3 months how great this experience will be. Don't spoil it for me."

She was the type that probably complained the whole cruise. No pre-sweetened tea, watered down drinks, too long of a line, too much smoke, pool band too loud, not enough chairs, etc.

You have to feel sorry for these people.

awm

I totally agree with everyone. We go on vacation to relax and enjoy every moment. This will be our first time cruising and we aim to make the most of everything. As Lovetocruiserccl said there are plenty of people who will never get to go on a cruise.

Not having to cook, clean etc is my idea of heaven, so unless something is seriously wrong there will be no complaints here.

I have had a circumstance where my room was never cleaned until around 2:30-3:00pm. This was an isolated incident and have not encountered such again. It was an example I was providing from a previous experience. I think this is a little late, especially when we are gone by 7:30 am. It makes it difficult if you are coming back to take a nap, clean up for dinner, or do anything that would require you to prepare for evening events. She never once addressed us and even after we talked to her about possibly coming earlier, she acted like we should be thankful she was coming at all.Which, I am grateful for their services. Did it ruin my cruise, heck no, but it was irritating and I did mention it on the comment card. What upset me more than her tardiness was the poor manner she chose to display and the attitude we received from her. Understand the circumstance(s) before posting under assumptions.

For me personally this a a time to really enjoy my family. This is only 7 days out of a very long year and my time is much too precious to be worried about other passengers views and opnions. I fully enjoy each day be it relaxing poolside or packing in as much fun as possible. The way I look at it your disappointments will only be has high as your expectations. Relax Mun, have a Pina Colada, enjoy the moment!!:rolleyes:

The word "complain" just sound negative but their are times when making your feelings known about unacceptable service are appropriate. In fact, I would imagine that any service-oriented business wants input from their customers. Some people live to complain and will do so about basically anything, but one shouldn't be afraid to bring up legitimate unsatisfactory service for fear of looking like a complainer.

Our family of 4 loves to cruise and I find it a very relaxing vacation experience.

Some days as DH and I are lounging in our cabin we glance over at the Compass and look at all the "activities" we missed or are missing...LOL...

We missed the napkin folding class.

We missed the bingo

We missed the art auction...AGAIN

We missed the ... on and on and on

Relaxation is why we cruise..

according to DH:

-No driving all over the place

-No looking for restaurants to please 4 people at one time....

-No packing and unpacking every day

-Not being in the car with 2 teenage boys

-Loves the ship tracking system on the TV

-Loves the sea

for me:

-Sitting down as a family for dinner (Hooray... and is required!!)

-No cooking

-No cleaning

-Polite and friendly attendents

-Some shopping (for Me)

-DH, an old Navy guy, loves to be at sea (THANK GOODNESS)

-Friendly people to meet and chat with

-Great food

-Great entertainment

-DH can sleep all he wants and there is plenty to keep me busy (if I want to be busy ;))

The only complaint I have is

"They Make Me Get Off The Ship" at the end of the cruise

-

Archived