Can you bring a cooler on decks?

CherylCT

Yes you can take a cooler on the decks. We have carried small ones that could carry 12 cans and ice. For our last cruise, we purchased the cooler/beverage package from BV. This included a collapsible cooler. That was the way to go. When we purchased drink buckets, the waiters would bring us the beer and actually bring extra ice for the cooler. Much easier to carry drinks in the cooler than keeping up with the buckets.

I apologize to the thread police if this has already been asked but I couldn't find the answer to this specifically. I know there are size limitations, but if my cooler is the proper size can we carry it with us to the pool, etc.? TIA!

Hi Cheryl,

We use a small soft-side 6 pack sized cooler. It has a shoulder strap so is easy to carry. We put a few cans of our allotted pop or water along with our sunscreen. If you want to add a little ice, just bring a few zippy-bags from home and fill them up to make a small ice bag. We also fold a washcloth and put it on the bottom to avoid any leaks.

It's perfectly OK to bring something of this size up on deck or to the ports.

Enjoy your first cruise :)

Was that the question?

OP, I don't see a need for you to eat raw onions while standing on your head but go ahead anyway.

LOL!!! :D Made me smile...thank you!!

The responses to a simple question people get around here from some snarky folks is insane. She wants to bring a cooler for her own reasons. Heck I would too....I like my water bottles cold so I'll bring a small lunchtote size one just so it doesn't get warm in the sun. Sheesh.

My wife bought me a soft sided cooler ( with beer in it ) from Bon Voyage, and I take it every time we cruise now.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, this is what I decided to do, too. I did have one at home that I wanted to take but can't seem to find it and this will be easy peasy plus my hubby will get a treat.

Thanks for all the constructive replies. I don't get why some people need to pass judgments on the simplest of questions either. Too much time on their hands, I guess.;)

So excited for our cruise! Thanks again.

Yes, this is what I decided to do, too. I did have one at home that I wanted to take but can't seem to find it and this will be easy peasy plus my hubby will get a treat.

Thanks for all the constructive replies. I don't get why some people need to pass judgments on the simplest of questions either. Too much time on their hands, I guess.;)

So excited for our cruise! Thanks again.

It's a pretty nice cooler, comes with cups and a bottle opener. Have fun on your cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Neat idea.

Obscurity is always a nice way to ease around those gray areas where you might run into a heavy handed authoritarian who wants to dink around with you. This is why I bring plug splitters instead of power strips.

[quote name='nitro2448']My wife bought me a soft sided cooler ( with beer in it ) from Bon Voyage, and I take it every time we cruise now.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

I got one of them last cruise, used it on deck, and plan to take it with me every time from now on...even on other lines. :D

It is SO much better than the buckets for keeping beer cold! Love it!

Archived