Tuxedo Rentals on QM2?

Estelle

Does anyone know if it's possible to rent a tuxedo on the QM2? My husband planned to do this (he doesn't own one and wants to pack one less thing for the trip) but we haven't seen anything indicating that this is available.

Also - can you bring bottles of wine on board?

Thanks for any info:)

Yes to both. And if you are going on a cruise you will be allowed to bring wine from the various ports back to your cabin or you may give to the sommelier who will place a corkage charge (modest compared to some cruise lines) on your account.

Thank you Jeanne. I guess we can't pre-order the tux since I didn't see any information in our docs - unlike our previous cruises.

Is there room in the mini fridge to chill a bottle of wine? Does is come pre-filled and then you have to ask to have it emptied? Are there corkscrews available?

Sorry for so many questions - I've been so busy this spring and we suddenly realize we're leaving next week!

Thanks - these boards are the best for info.

We will be on the 9/20 crossing and was told that there are 3 formal nights. It seems as if you are charged per night. I was told for the 3 nights it is $151.00 to rent a tux which includes, shirt, tie and handkerchief. You can rent them right on the ship at the Emerald Shop. They told me there was no need to reserve them in advance unless you need an unusual size. If so you have to fax your request to Customer Assistance.( Sorry I don't have the number with me but you can get it by calling Cunards customer service line). Hope this helps!

Ever thought about buying your husband his very own. I purchased mine from Burlington Coat Factory for $99 shirt was $10 shoes were $39 cuff links and studs were $15 and tie and cummerbund were $10 I paid total $173. I used it on 3 cruises, and will take it with me next week. Imagine if I rented a tux all those times? How much I would of wasted. I would buy.

We will be on the 9/20 crossing and was told that there are 3 formal nights. It seems as if you are charged per night. I was told for the 3 nights it is $151.00 to rent a tux which includes, shirt, tie and handkerchief. You can rent them right on the ship at the Emerald Shop. They told me there was no need to reserve them in advance unless you need an unusual size. If so you have to fax your request to Customer Assistance.( Sorry I don't have the number with me but you can get it by calling Cunards customer service line). Hope this helps!

We are also on this crossing. Nice to see someone else on this crossing too.

$151.00 (approx £85) for tux hire for 3 days!!!! Have you considered buying a tux (we call them dinner suits)??? Or do you prefer to hire because you won't be needing it again?? If you are coming over here to the UK prior to the crossing you should take a look in some of the menswear shops here in the UK for a reasonable priced dinner suit. I don't know what they are like in the US but at this time of year they seem to be in the sale!! We have just purchased a dinner suit for our son and it cost us £99 (from a company called suits you). OK he has a stack of shirts and they can be cleaned onboard anyway. Our son tends to need a new suit at least once a year but when he has finished with it I tend to bag it up and send it to the local hospice shop. Someone else gets the benefit of a hardly worn dinner suit and I feel that I am doing my bit for charity)!!

Of course you could just put it away for your next cruise!!

PS I have also been told that there are 3 formal nights, 1 informal night and 2 casual nights.

Elaine

He bought one a few years ago but decided to spend the least amount of money possible (does not do that with suits) and it was cheap looking and didn't fit well. I'd have no problem with him buying a nice one that looks as good as his suits but he has a blind spot on certain kinds of purchases. So do I - I cannot spend more than $40 on a pair of shoes!

The main reason we were thinking of renting was to save luggage space - he will overpack - he always does - and this would be a way to remove at least one set of clothes from his cases.

Thanks so much for all your advice!

Archived