Resident Rate

I just did a mock booking for my Dream Jan. 11, 2014 cruise, (balcony room) I went in under the Resident Rate and it said "if you qualify." How do you find out if you quality for the Resident Rates? I don't want to submit a price drop if we don't quality, I really don't want to waste anyone's time.

Thanks for all your help!

I just did a mock booking for my Dream Jan. 11, 2014 cruise, (balcony room) I went in under the Resident Rate and it said "if you qualify." How do you find out if you quality for the Resident Rates? I don't want to submit a price drop if we don't quality, I really don't want to waste anyone's time.

If you did your mock booking using the state you reside in and it brought up a resident rate then you probably qualify for it.

There may be further restrictions for how long you have to have lived in the state.

I would always submit for the price drop, don't worry about wasting their time, that's what they are paid to do.

You will get it. After putting in your state, sometimes you will see a list of states that qualify, and other times it doesn't provide that amount of specificity with the resident rate.

Google "carnival fare viewer" and look up the rates that way. It'll give you a more accurate description of what rates are available.

Not necessarily PPer....I used the Fareviewer to look up our rates and thought rates went up. Was bummed because our friends may join us and haven't booked yet. But when I did a mock booking, it came up the same rate we had booked because it then showed the resident special, which it hadn't for fareviewer.

And OPer we booked under the resident rate and it said the same thing and had no issues.

The carnival fare viewer does not always show all the 'special' rates such as 'military rates' - you have to do a mock booking to find out whether the cruise you're interested in or booked on has those rates available also.

While creating your booking and placing your state of residence, if a resident rate pops up then you are eligible IF your ID show's the same state of residence (at least one person in that cabin must live and show proof of living in that state). Some people may be currently living in a state, i.e. Ohio, but their driver's license was issued in Iowa that may not have a resident rate currently. Hope that made sense.

Archived