Pride or Liberty

I am looking to cruise CCL for the first time and I see that the Carnival Pride and Carnival Liberty both have the exotic western Caribbean itinerary that interests me. If we are looking for a nice quiet, relaxing trip for two older adults with no kids coming with us, which ship do you think we would enjoy the most? Thanks

I sailed the liberty back in may! Very nice ship has most of the 2.0 refreshments and I enjoyed everything onboard. Never sailed the pride but from what I read it's a older ship that doesn't have as much to offer as the liberty.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have only been on the Liberty and enjoyed it enough to rebook next month, but I know of many that say the smaller Spirit Class (including the Pride) is their favourite. Perhaps somewhat less to do, but easier to get around, higher percentage of balconies, etc.

I think the "no kids" part will be affected less by the ship and more by the time of year. Book when kids are in school and you will get less of them.

Thanks everyone for the responses. We have enjoyed both larger and smaller ships on our past cruises. We do like balcony cabins, so if the smaller ships have more to offer that could be worth looking in to. We are looking at February 2015 so kids should be in school.

Thanks everyone for the responses. We have enjoyed both larger and smaller ships on our past cruises. We do like balcony cabins, so if the smaller ships have more to offer that could be worth looking in to. We are looking at February 2015 so kids should be in school.

I think the Liberty has more to offer.

Look at the ships and you will see differences.

Check the prices on both ships that particular month as well.

We are looking at February 2015 so kids should be in school.

Just be aware that schools in the northeast have a February break so, you might have a few more kids on the sailing than you anticipated.

That being said, I just got off the Pride and loved it! There were lots of kids but we rarely noticed them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think the Liberty is leaving Miami as a homeport sometime soon though. I know it is still booking Western Caribbean cruises into 2014, but by 2015 it may not be doing the Western Caribbean anymore. Of course, if/when that happens it will be replaced by another ship, so you'll have new options.

That's a pretty tough call for me, I've been on both and liked them for different reasons. I like the layout of the Pride and the overall "not crowded" feeling. I did like the new bars and eating options on the Liberty, if all other factors were the same price etc, I would probably go with the Liberty.

Archived